Register Now
Alexander.

Taking breaks intervals

I take breaks every hour although sometimes I might go over that by a few minutes if I am in the middle of a gaming session and it is about to end. My breaks are normally 15 to 20 minutes long and use that time to grab food/ get rid of waste etc.

On 4/16/2019 at 12:07 AM, UleTheVee said:

Nope, I almost never take break intervals. Although usually I just stop gaming altogether as soon as I am done with the game or after 6 to 7 hours lol.

I could manage those hours in my younger days but now I can only go 2-3 hours at a time before needing a break.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

I could manage those hours in my younger days but now I can only go 2-3 hours at a time before needing a break.

I never understood why age was a factor. I can still do long gaming sessions.

I guess it's because it relates to being in the same place? But since I game on my bed I usually shift my position a lot or move around

1 minute ago, UleTheVee said:

I guess it's because it relates to being in the same place? But since I game on my bed I usually shift my position a lot or move around

I sit in a chair for the entire time so being fixed in that position for more than a few hours without moving is uncomfortable.

I think for me it does become too much. I am taking weekly break from it. And trying to get my attention into other things. And this way I have managed to have fresh perspective in the things. It works out for some topics though. 

It depends on the game. If it's something I'm severely good at like Zelda: Link To The Past then I can breeze through the entire game in one sitting in a relatively short time. If it's a somewhat bigger game like FF8, then yes. I play it at intervals. A couple hours a day at most. If it's somewhere in the middle I take breaks. Like Zelda Ocarina, I take a break between dungeons and random times.

On 4/18/2019 at 6:53 PM, UleTheVee said:

Doesn't gaming on your bed make you feel unfocused? 

Why don't you invest in a Gaming Chair or do find gaming in your bed more comfortable?

I'm intrigued to know more. I've never personally tried gaming this way before. Would you recommend it?