Register Now
Alexander.

Are children to young to play games?

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It doesn't help that some of these millennial parents are very childish in nature as well so they don't really know any better so they just keep making the situation worse. Then they try to blame everyone/everything for not being a good influence on their children.

Also they aren't willing to admit that they are the failure so they need a scapegoat. Video games are the perfect patsy. It's not like Richter Belmont is going to pop up out of a random Castlevania and defend himself.

Just now, The Blackangel said:

Also they aren't willing to admit that they are the failure so they need a scapegoat. Video games are the perfect patsy. It's not like Richter Belmont is going to pop up out of a random Castlevania and defend himself.

Exactly!

On 3/28/2019 at 10:06 AM, Aerielle del Rosario said:

It depends on the age bracket. When I was 8, accidentally they downloaded GTA IV San Andreas and I got hooked into it then I started saying bad stuffs towards my parents and peers so I would say also appropriation.

Well, in my opinion as long as the kid is already familiar with the gaming trend, he or she is good to start playing with a little bit of supervision from his or his parents or guardian. 

Lot of kids are playing games because their environment around forces them to play the same. And even more so not even aware of new configuration and features. They don't even use it. But acquiring everything latest is what needs to be in their frame of mind. So kids are not going to keep up with the way addiction works and goes. I think on that note its better to make them frustrate more. 

Lot of kids are playing games because their environment around forces them to play the same. And even more so not even aware of new configuration and features. They don't even use it. But acquiring everything latest is what needs to be in their frame of mind. So kids are not going to keep up with the way addiction works and goes. I think on that note its better to make them frustrate more. 

I've played from six and all is great with me. But ym games was different, it wasn't stupid mobile game for people without ambitions. GTA 2, Fallout 1 and FO2

When I was 8, Heroes of Might and Magic III. My daughter will w8 for better games, or for 6.
She's 3yo now and I hate when I see my daughter's mother playing her TV and gives her smartphone to play games :/

As long as people know how the addiction can be controlled. If the kids know when to connect to internet and when to disconnect. That can show you how the improvement may happen. But if the kids connect to the net every now and then. That would not be ending good for them. 

On 4/8/2019 at 3:43 AM, skyfire said:

As long as people know how the addiction can be controlled. If the kids know when to connect to internet and when to disconnect. That can show you how the improvement may happen. But if the kids connect to the net every now and then. That would not be ending good for them. 

Good parenting plays a vital role in teaching children how to manage their time when it comes to gaming and developing some form of self-control but the problem with the lack of boundaries I see set by many parents nowadays, children develop an addiction to it.

I think considering the millennial are not disciplined. The kids they are going to raise which will depend on the child support services and govt. And that in itself is going to create more issues. So surely the children are going to be more damaged as year passes. I think few things in the back in times were good and now a days the parenting is not going to catch up with it. 

On 4/2/2019 at 8:22 PM, The Blackangel said:

Rofl. Thank you. Yes. That's just it. I get confused about why video games and reality would be so easy to confuse, because context-wise, well, it seems unlikely that I will run into any Thalmor or Vigilants of Stendarr in town today who just need to die.

@skyfire You're right I suspect about today's kids needing to rely on government aid and social support systems which currently do not even exist. Technically, the Millennial generation already has been pretty majorly screwed economically. Our parents didn't lay much of a groundwork for us to succeed in the world, so our generation's children are going to inherit an even shitter situation. 

3 hours ago, TheSteelyardDweller said:

lol, dumb parents who blame video games for their kids' bad grades and misbehavior. anything to avoid actually parenting.

There are some politicians that believe this nonsense as well or rather, they always try to shift the blame so I don't expect any better from them. Millennial parenting, in general, is failing the future so things will continue to get a lot worse.

Not really. Parents are not allowed to yell, beat or anything. So all their methods of parenting are already controlled by state. So what else they are supposed to do other than blaming video games and TV. After all millennial are pure SJW for a reason. They seem to avoid all the risk and blame everyone else than their own self and have laws that basically locks people on not taking action. 

On 4/11/2019 at 11:34 AM, skyfire said:

Not really. Parents are not allowed to yell, beat or anything. So all their methods of parenting are already controlled by state. So what else they are supposed to do other than blaming video games and TV. After all millennial are pure SJW for a reason. They seem to avoid all the risk and blame everyone else than their own self and have laws that basically locks people on not taking action. 

Those are some valid points as well but there are other ways to punish your kids like taking away the console or lowering their allowance until they show some discipline.