Register Now
Alexander.

Are children to young to play games?

Gaming is a huge problem for kids cause, honestly, they scratch CD-Roms and I've even seen an instance of jelly being put in the console, lol.  Now, of course, with the rise of different cartridges - or the instance of no cartridge (downloads). we could see less of this, but would you still trust kids around games?

I would not!  In fact, I would monitor them - at the very least.

On 9/7/2019 at 3:40 PM, TheSteelyardDweller said:

laziness is not an excuse for crappy parenting imo

Parents often use TV and games as nannies for the kids - but some don't monitor what they watch.  I mean, I've heard of a parent letting a kid watch slasher movies and they shouldn't play Grand Theft Auto - cause it's just teaching them a degenerate culture.

Edited by Jayson

10 hours ago, Jayson said:

Gaming is a huge problem for kids cause, honestly, they scratch CD-Roms and I've even seen an instance of jelly being put in the console, lol.  Now, of course, with the rise of different cartridges - or the instance of no cartridge (downloads). we could see less of this, but would you still trust kids around games?

I would not!  In fact, I would monitor them - at the very least.

Parents often use TV and games as nannies for the kids - but some don't monitor what they watch.  I mean, I've heard of a parent letting a kid watch slasher movies and they shouldn't play Grand Theft Auto - cause it's just teaching them a degenerate culture.

I used to play GTA as a a kid and watch slasher as many others did and it certainly didn't make us into degenerates. Most millennial parents lack the basic parenting skills to keep their children on the right path and most of these parents nowadays are too busy with social media to take care of their children.

On 9/11/2019 at 9:00 PM, killamch89 said:

I used to play GTA as a a kid and watch slasher as many others did and it certainly didn't make us into degenerates. Most millennial parents lack the basic parenting skills to keep their children on the right path and most of these parents nowadays are too busy with social media to take care of their children.

Parents still shouldn't let kids watch bad things - aside of "hero movies" where violence exists - but not for the "sake of gore".  As for Grand Theft Auto, a lot of disgusting talk there, any parent who isn't total trash would never let their kids play it.  Teens can discover later when run into Playboy magazine or something, LOL.

On 9/11/2019 at 7:54 AM, Jayson said:

Gaming is a huge problem for kids cause, honestly, they scratch CD-Roms and I've even seen an instance of jelly being put in the console, lol

Lol, good point. Thanks for bringing a different (and humorous) angle to this discussion.

On 9/11/2019 at 6:00 PM, killamch89 said:

I can't think of any time in my childhood where exposure to violent content made me want to go out and shoot things. But I also don't recall having any difficulty telling the difference between the game world and the physical world. I expect that the problem would be when a child still has not developed this distinction, and then plays a violent video game. So long as the child is developmentally able to tell fantasy from reality and is receiving reasonable moral guidance, I don't think exposure to violent content would be problematic.

On 9/11/2019 at 7:54 AM, Jayson said:

that is true but that is just lazy

4 hours ago, TheSteelyardDweller said:

hahah that is so true. but probly true of evry generation rite?

Growing up, I remember most parents being more responsible and other parents stepping in to deal with misbehaving children when their parents weren't around. Nowadays, kids are left to their own devices without anybody correcting them.

3 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think the issue is these days parents being millennial and letting things happen. Things for next few generations would be difficult for sure. 

You are correct that there will be snowball effect as the cycle continues and it'll take a few generations to fix at the very least. It is an issue that needs urgent attention but you hardly ever hear politicians and other influential people mention it.

On 9/18/2019 at 10:38 AM, killamch89 said:

You are correct that there will be snowball effect as the cycle continues and it'll take a few generations to fix at the very least. It is an issue that needs urgent attention but you hardly ever hear politicians and other influential people mention it.

The way at which this is going on, I don't think it will be fixed at all. we would most likely be thrown in the scenarios of war and other stuff. that is the fix for the current generation being entitled and damaging. 

On 9/15/2019 at 6:17 PM, killamch89 said:

Growing up, I remember most parents being more responsible and other parents stepping in to deal with misbehaving children when their parents weren't around. Nowadays, kids are left to their own devices without anybody correcting them.

maybe. or maybe we just remember our childhoods different cause we were kids.