Register Now
Alexander.

Are children to young to play games?

As I said before, young kids don't work well around games.  However, though, with supervision it could be possible.  Anyhow, if you got some old Atari system (Sega, Older Nintendo etc..) - maybe the Switch would be similar - you might be able to count on the fact that cartridges would have a higher survival rate - LOL.   Nonetheless, I suppose kids could still damage those consoles somehow.

Edited by Jayson

each group of ages has games that he's allowed to play (idk but that rating sometimes look dumb lol), but i don't think that anyone would respect that rating since kids are always curious to explore what mature people games look like (just like we played GTA as kids)

They can play anything I think is suitable. You have game ratings that tell how carefully needed to look at a game, but use your right decidion to what is suitable. I say read reviews, watch Youtube, see what Reddit has to say, and also play some of the games before deciding. Only buy adult games on his Steam account if it's something you want to play together with older mates or yourself so that kids doesn't have the control over it untill they are older. 

I agree that kids shouldn't play games that too mature for them, but age and the person that they are is getting the right games. 

Depends on the game and the child, as well as their age I imagine. Some kids are more mature for their age, and understand what they're playing. So if they play a violent game, they know right from wrong in real life. But, that still doesn't mean they should be playing anything like GTA or Hitman. I'd say we should utilize the ESRB as it was intended and let kids play E-T rated games. I think teen rated games are fairly tame anyway, so I see no problem for even younger kids to play them. I view it the same to PG-13 movies. Like I doubt kids under 13 are going to have a problem with watching it. I look at superhero films in that regard, as little kids don't seem to have a problem watching them. 

I started gaming around 3-4 years old as well, I probably didn't know half of what I was playing back then. Then again, I didn't get a taste of my first M rated game, until PS1 with Tenchu I think it was. 

On 3/24/2019 at 4:00 PM, Alexander. said:

What age is to be considered to young for gaming? 9, 6, 3? Why?

I don't think any age is to young for gaming aslong as they own the right games for there age group and there not playing age restricted games.(18+)

As long as the games aren't meant for adults alone to play, I don't see any reason why kids shouldn't be allowed to play at any age especially when they can actually play those games.