Register Now
Martin Berisford

Do you think games are too expensive nowadays?

Why will it wait for a game's price to drop down, when I know it wouldn't. So, the best is taking it that way, and playing and having fun for the money I spent. That's why it feels so bad to get a game and watching glitches overshadowing it. 

4 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Why will it wait for a game's price to drop down, when I know it wouldn't. So, the best is taking it that way, and playing and having fun for the money I spent. That's why it feels so bad to get a game and watching glitches overshadowing it. 

It depends on the games that you're looking at purchasing. Eventually, most of them their prices do come down. Take a look at Call of Duty Vanguard price now. It's dropped massively. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

It depends on the games that you're looking at purchasing. Eventually, most of them their prices do come down. Take a look at Call of Duty Vanguard price now. It's dropped massively. 

I forgot to check for the recent prices of Cod series, as I checked now on Google, I saw dual price suggestion for the game. Which is $69 or $59 for the game, I just don't know the one to believe. 

On 5/18/2022 at 2:20 PM, Heatman said:

It's only gamers that are patient enough would be able to make use of this strategy. The likes of me that can't wait for too long for the game's prices to drop always pay the price of buying them costly. 

True. I guess with me I keep myself occupied with the games that I play that take awhile to finish so I don't worry too much about the new games coming out. But I know everyone is not like that though.

22 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I forgot to check for the recent prices of Cod series, as I checked now on Google, I saw dual price suggestion for the game. Which is $69 or $59 for the game, I just don't know the one to believe. 

COD Vanguard Ultimate Edition was around $90 when it was released initially. 

2 hours ago, Rainbow Road said:

True. I guess with me I keep myself occupied with the games that I play that take awhile to finish so I don't worry too much about the new games coming out. But I know everyone is not like that though.

That's how most gamers do it. They sit on their backlogs and wait till the new one drops. 

23 hours ago, Heatman said:

COD Vanguard Ultimate Edition was around $90 when it was released initially. 

Thanks for the information. Then now that the complete version of the game is released and not the demo, how much is the price of COD Vanguard?

6 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Thanks for the information. Then now that the complete version of the game is released and not the demo, how much is the price of COD Vanguard?

Currently there is a 50% off from the $99 for Call of Duty Vanguard Ultimate Edition on Playstation Store right now. The offer ends on 5/24/2022. If you're interested in the game, you can take the opportunity and get it now. 

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0002-CUSA24041_00-CODVSTANDARD0001

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

Currently there is a 50% off from the $99 for Call of Duty Vanguard Ultimate Edition on Playstation Store right now. The offer ends on 5/24/2022. If you're interested in the game, you can take the opportunity and get it now. 

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0002-CUSA24041_00-CODVSTANDARD0001

I got it man, I've seen the discount on the game, I'm impressed, but currently now, I didn't plan to get the game. It's a game worth taking by anyone who craves to get it. 

Screenshot_20220521-160452.thumb.jpg.365dc26f0cc5c79080ff3c3b04337ef0.jpg

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

This is one of the reasons why I'm never in a rush to purchase any game when it's released. A lot of gamers picked that up at $99.99 but now it's $49.99.

43 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Games today always have add ons which makes it more expensive. If you buy a game new for $60, then a year later buy DLC or gold editions, add another $30. So in total you spent $90 on one game. Different payment installments makes it seem cheaper. 

Which different payment installments makes video games cheaper? I want to know man, to help save some cost. 

2 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Which different payment installments makes video games cheaper? I want to know man, to help save some cost. 

Installments I meant was buying a new game, then spending more money on DLC or another edition a year later. So what seems like installments is actually spending MORE money on the same game in two different purchases a year apart. So it seems cheaper when the amount of money you spend is split in two payments instead of all at once. There aren't any cheaper installments. I don't want to buy a $90 game. But $60 now and $30 later for DLC just feels cheaper. Best thing to do is let the game age a couple years and buy the gold edition for $25 or so. But when it's your favorite game, of course we will buy it new, and get caught up spending more on the game a year later. 

7 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Installments I meant was buying a new game, then spending more money on DLC or another edition a year later. So what seems like installments is actually spending MORE money on the same game in two different purchases a year apart. So it seems cheaper when the amount of money you spend is split in two payments instead of all at once. There aren't any cheaper installments. I don't want to buy a $90 game. But $60 now and $30 later for DLC just feels cheaper. Best thing to do is let the game age a couple years and buy the gold edition for $25 or so. But when it's your favorite game, of course we will buy it new, and get caught up spending more on the game a year later. 

I got exactly what you passed on, and that's a way to save some cost over time. Even me too, I don't enjoy coughing out that amount around $90 -$99 for a single game, and again, installment can be better, because with time you can get the funds to cover up for the DLC. 

The best option remains, waiting for some time when the game must have aged and getting it, the cost will reduce drastically low. Even if it's my favourite, I can wait, but not too long xD. 

Edited by Justin11

On 5/21/2022 at 4:56 PM, Boblee said:

This is one of the reasons why I'm never in a rush to purchase any game when it's released. A lot of gamers picked that up at $99.99 but now it's $49.99.

Yeah, it's what I saw unfold with the game and it's really a pain for most gamers that lost or paid the extra $50 on the game because they couldn't wait for the game's price to come down a bit. 

One single game or in my case the flight simulator can be very costly. Base pack is like £60 then you have payware addons from aircrafts and airports scenery can cost. this month I have paid around over $150 just in payware aircrafts. 

Fenix A320
Flightsim B146
PMDG 737

Video games are only getting more complex and require more skill to produce so it makes sense that the prices are going up. I don't like how expensive games have become but I don't see full releases going up much higher in price. It would be really hard to justify the purchase of a 100 game for a lot of consumers even after you account for inflation.