Register Now
Martin Berisford

Do you think games are too expensive nowadays?

11 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Installments I meant was buying a new game, then spending more money on DLC or another edition a year later. So what seems like installments is actually spending MORE money on the same game in two different purchases a year apart. So it seems cheaper when the amount of money you spend is split in two payments instead of all at once. There aren't any cheaper installments. I don't want to buy a $90 game. But $60 now and $30 later for DLC just feels cheaper. Best thing to do is let the game age a couple years and buy the gold edition for $25 or so. But when it's your favorite game, of course we will buy it new, and get caught up spending more on the game a year later. 

Doing the latter in your suggestion is always the best way to go about getting games. It's all about being patient enough with the game for it to go down in price. Once you can be able to resist the temptation, you can get it for cheaper price. 

2 hours ago, Boblee said:

Doing the latter in your suggestion is always the best way to go about getting games. It's all about being patient enough with the game for it to go down in price. Once you can be able to resist the temptation, you can get it for cheaper price. 

I'm not always that patient when it comes to some games that I have waited for so long. It's just like God of War Ragnarok that I have waited for so long, I can't be patient for it to drop in price when it gets released before I can get it. 

4 hours ago, Jasmin said:

I don't think games are expensive. But your game expenses have risen because exciting games are released every now and then and you will be tempted to buy a lot of games.

It's all about the kind of games that you want to purchase. There are cheaper games and there are the expensive AAA games that cost from $60 or more. 

It is expensive no doubt, maybe the high rate of inflation in our present world caused it. I don't rush to buy any game nowadays too, because most of them are poorly made and I wouldn't want to waste my hard earned money. 

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

It is expensive no doubt, maybe the high rate of inflation in our present world caused it. I don't rush to buy any game nowadays too, because most of them are poorly made and I wouldn't want to waste my hard earned money. 

There are still good one's among them just like what we had this year with Horizon Forbidden West. It's been an amazing game all through but it's still a bit expensive no doubt. 

59 minutes ago, Heatman said:

There are still good one's among them just like what we had this year with Horizon Forbidden West. It's been an amazing game all through but it's still a bit expensive no doubt. 

I know it is expensive, we gamers made it to be that expensive. We hyped it so high, even when it never been launched. So, what do you expect from an overhyped game when it get launched? 

40 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

I know it is expensive, we gamers made it to be that expensive. We hyped it so high, even when it never been launched. So, what do you expect from an overhyped game when it get launched? 

I don't think that gamers are the one's that makes games to be expensive. Everything is all about how the company wants it and how much they probably spent in developing the games. As for hyping the games, it's still the company that spear head the promotion of the games. 

57 minutes ago, Heatman said:

I don't think that gamers are the one's that makes games to be expensive. Everything is all about how the company wants it and how much they probably spent in developing the games. As for hyping the games, it's still the company that spear head the promotion of the games. 

No problem I got your points. I know nowadays money is more involved around video games, that's why the cost to purchase them increased. I will say, inflation is one of the major cause, and the among of money invested by the game devs made it also to increase in price. 

Even at everything that's been going on with the inflation and all, there are still gamers that have the money to pump into video games. It's their hobby and they spend in a crazy way on it. 

On 6/4/2022 at 5:34 PM, Heatman said:

It's all about the kind of games that you want to purchase. There are cheaper games and there are the expensive AAA games that cost from $60 or more. 

Ten years ago, you could buy one-two games and play for a years or two. But these days a lot of games are released and you would be buying more games than you used to 10 years ago.

4 hours ago, Jasmin said:

Ten years ago, you could buy one-two games and play for a years or two. But these days a lot of games are released and you would be buying more games than you used to 10 years ago.

Personally, I played more games faster 10 years ago than I do now because of how free and less responsibilities I had to take care of then. 

On 6/4/2022 at 7:28 PM, Justin11 said:

No problem I got your points. I know nowadays money is more involved around video games, that's why the cost to purchase them increased. I will say, inflation is one of the major cause, and the among of money invested by the game devs made it also to increase in price. 

I have tried as much as possible to cut down on my spending as a result of the inflation and it's still not helping matters. It's a shit show now with how everything has been going. 

20 hours ago, Heatman said:

Personally, I played more games faster 10 years ago than I do now because of how free and less responsibilities I had to take care of then. 

Agreed, But what I was trying to say was, in the past you did not have many options and you would be satisfied with few games, but currently you have many options and you end up buying more games.

20 hours ago, Heatman said:

Most kids have nothing much to do with their time than play video games whenever they can. It's why most get addicted too young.