Register Now
StaceyPowers

Most Underrated Video Games?

There are a lot of threads online about the most overrated video games (and other "overrated" things), because I think people love to find fault online.

So how about some of the most underrated video games you have played? Which games do you think were overlooked, and what made them great?

I think there are lot of games to list. I think homeworld, serious sam and nightmare creatures can be added to list. If they improve more on the gameplay and plot I am sure they would be more famous than they really are at this point. 

I find many of the games in the arcade generation to be under rated. If the people decide to make the new version of those games, it'd be surely be fun. I enjoyed some of the tank games in the arcade era I wish they come back with better graphics. 

I see Luigi's Mansion listed as a very underrated game, and features Luigi as the star and main character in this Mario series. This game features Luigi running through a haunted mansion and confronting ghosts while looking for Mario.

download (1).jpeg

T&C Surf Designs is another one. I think most people passed on it because it's made by LJN. Granted they put out a lot of horrible games, but this one was actually really good. With the exception of the surfing part, it wasn't too difficult, and was loads of fun.

Another is Super C. I know it couldn't touch the first one, but it was still a really sweet entry into the Contra series.

Conker's Bad Fur Day. Why does no one remember this one? Even though it was an adult game, it was a blast. It's as if it's been swept under the rug of shame in an attempt to be forgotten. I don't get that.

Hexen. Everyone wanted Doom. No one wanted a medieval version. The cost of that? They missed out on one hell of an awesome game.

Final Fantasy VIII. Up until FF13, FF8 was the worst received entry into the series. Players had difficulty with the junctioning system, they didn't like the characters, the storyline was like nothing they had seen. Gamers just didn't like it. Now it has a cult following of die hard fans, myself included.

Dantes Inferno. Why does no one talk about this one? It's one of the most mesmerizing games that ever came out on the PS3. Yet people seem to have either not noticed it, or they were just like "meh".

There are also several of the old, old, old classics but I'm not going to get into them or I would be posting all day.