Register Now
StaceyPowers

Most Underrated Video Games?

On 2/1/2020 at 1:44 PM, skyfire said:

I think darksiders and DMC are pretty underrated compared to FF for some reason. 

I have to agree with you. I haven't played a lot of Darksiders, but I have played DMC4 a lot, and it's just amazing. I don't fully know why it sits below Final Fantasy either. Maybe because the FF series is older and has more hardcore fans.

1. Mass Effect: Andromeda
    To say it's underrated is the understatement of the decade, sure it had some issues at launch, but those weren't nearly as big as they were painted as by the youtubers. I should know I played the game at launch.
  2. Mercenaries II: World in flames
    The perfect sandbox game, everyone should learn from this, Ghost Recon Wildlands is kind of similar but still falls short in many aspects.
  3. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
    A game that's only sin is literally "that's not what we wanted" It's the worst recieved COD game, but it's also the best as far as the campaign goes.
  4. DeusEx: Invisible War
    Most hated the sequel to DeusEx but I think it was a great game, and it offered the choice of male/female protagonist long before it become popularized by mass effect.
    Sure it was disappointing in some areas, but there were some brilliant touches in it. Like how it resolved the ending of the first game, how it incorporated ideas from the cyberpunk genre.
  5. Alpha Protocol
    Sure the game has issues, but it's also brilliant, some aspects of it need to be incoroprated into other games. Like the relationship system, the freedom of choice it offers to players. It's level of immersion is far beyond any other game I've seen. THe game is not perfect and has some very big flaws, but everyone must experience it at least once. It should be mandatory.
  6. Far Cry
    The original game that launched Crytek to Crysis fame. But the original is often overlooked and dismissed, imo it is by far the superior experience. And it was much more jaw dropping when it came out than crysis was.
  7. Alien Isolation
    This game didn't garner much media or player attention, probably thanks to the abomination that was put out by magic pitchfork &co.
    It's the finest horror game of the generation, and I say that as someone who is not a fan of horror games. If you never played it, and care for shitting your pants treat yourself.
    This game literally kept me up at nights. I had to play it in the mornings in short 1-2 hour sessions if I wanted to sleep.
  8. Dragon Age II
    Everybody says EA ruined dragon age in this, but I never felt that was the case. In fact I liked it more than Origins. It had issues like re-using maps, but Mass Effect gets a pass on that, so why shouldn't this also? I liked the more grounded story and how you work to build your reputation back in it. Instead of being  already established.

That's all I can think of now.

1 hour ago, ARx182 said:

Shadow of the Tomb Raider is a very underrated game. It was one of the free PS Plus games a while ago and it's so enjoyable. Doesn't get enough recognition in comparison to games like RDR2, TLOU, etc.

I don't think it's underrated it deserves to be rated lower as it is worse than Rise of the Tomb Raider, and The first reboot Tomb Raider as well. If you enjoyed Shadow of the Tomb Raider, you should play those too.

Mafia series to be honest, and the second chapter to be more specific (the first one was good too, but atleast the devs cared about it till they released it completely).

Mafia 2 was rushed to be released, so they had to cut lot of features and content but the game was still awesome!

Mount & Blade Warband. Basically, you start alone in a small village. If you want to create your own army (not a modern army though, think of an army full of horseman, bowman and such) you go to villages and recruit. Then you can go to war and conquer castles. As you expand your army you win fame and so on. I think it is the most underrated video game. You can even play the game only for the war scenes. You feel like you're just in the middle of a real war. So exciting and enjoyful.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider and The Evil Within 2 tops my list of the most underrated video games. Although, The Evil Within 2 didn't meet the same level of survival horror like Resident Evil 4, it's still an impressive one. 

18 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Deus Ex Mankind Divided is largely slept on and it's a very good game - you get to see first-hand what the rebellion of cyber-enhanced humans has brought about and how there's an internal rift amongst that group which dissolves into warfare.

Seriously, that game really need some cool ways to make gamers appreciate it the more because it's a pure masterpiece. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, that game really need some cool ways to make gamers appreciate it the more because it's a pure masterpiece. 

Sometimes the themes of the game take on a more subtle role so if you're not really paying attention, some things will fly over your head. That's why it's important that you play the Deus Ex games more than once because you'll notice a lot of things the second time around.

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Sometimes the themes of the game take on a more subtle role so if you're not really paying attention, some things will fly over your head. That's why it's important that you play the Deus Ex games more than once because you'll notice a lot of things the second time around.

Seriously, when it comes to most games that I really get into, there is no way I'd play such games only once because it's definitely not going to be enough for me.