Register Now
Keranov

Have you sold in-game items for real money?

Have anybody here ever sold any in-game items for real money? I did once and it was just a case from Counter Strike: Global Offensive which costed 4 euros and I put it in the Steam community market. Got sold instantly.

Edited by Keranov

On 8/8/2018 at 3:01 PM, Keranov said:

Have anybody here ever sold any in-game items for real money? I did once and it was just a case from Counter Strike: Global Offensive which costed 4 euros and I put it in the Steam community market. Got sold instantly.

I haven't tried that stuff.  Anyway, how much did you make?  Do you feel it was profitable?  Are you planning on doing it again?

I have allot of games that I'm selling in my store. I just haven't sold one yet. Based online anyway. I have gave games away but not yet sold. And what I have done is brought allot at an good price and selling it on to make profit and also able to be cheaper then anywhere else. 

On 8/10/2018 at 5:57 AM, Jayson said:

I haven't tried that stuff.  Anyway, how much did you make?  Do you feel it was profitable?  Are you planning on doing it again?

I just got the item for free while playing and it was just realized in the same day so I managed to sell it for 4 euros. I know some people who have sold items which they got for free for more than $300. I think it just depends on luck.

On 8/15/2018 at 5:51 PM, Keranov said:

I just got the item for free while playing and it was just realized in the same day so I managed to sell it for 4 euros. I know some people who have sold items which they got for free for more than $300. I think it just depends on luck.

This reminds me of the domain selling biz.  Anyway, you can get domains for practically nothing, resell them for hundreds or thousands, especially if you've built domain authority and trust flow to them!   

Anyway, as you say, it's about luck and the same with what I'm speaking of.  It's because it's often tough to get buyers even with a good product.

No, I haven't. Reading through this topic, I see a lot of users have used Steam Community to sell in-game items, would you reccomend Steam for me? I have some in-game items I need to sell, but I'm not sure what the best way to go about it is and whether it's allowed. Thank you in advance.

No, I haven't. Reading through this topic, I see a lot of users have used Steam Community and other various services, what are the top communities that you would recommend for me? I'm not sure what the best way to go about selling In-Game Items and whether it's allowed or against the terms of service. 

On 11/23/2018 at 2:14 AM, xXInfectedXx said:

No, I haven't. Reading through this topic, I see a lot of users have used Steam Community and other various services, what are the top communities that you would recommend for me? I'm not sure what the best way to go about selling In-Game Items and whether it's allowed or against the terms of service. 

You always can put your items in the Steam Community Market at a price you want but it should be a reasonable one. Also, there is a tax when you put an item there. Valve is getting a small amount of the money.

I can't say myself that I have ever tried to sell anything through steam, to be fair I didn't even know it was a thing until I saw this thread. That is pretty cool actually! All too often we get times where we receive in game items we do not need and they end up just sitting not being used for the longest time. With the ability to sell them you are giving someone else the ability to grab an item they need and receiving funds to get something you need so it's a win for everyone. 

I have actually. And both times it's been when I have become frustrated with a game and both times have been with the same game - FIFA. The first time I did it was with FIFA 18 where I got frustrated with the game and sold all the coins that I made on Ultimate Team. I made around £100 from that. I then thought EA had changed and bought FIFA 19 to give it a chance. After a week, hated it so I sold the coins for around £30 and then returned the game to get my money back.