Register Now
UleTheVee

Cloud Gaming will NOT Be Good for eSports

3 hours ago, UleTheVee said:

no matter what the head of Google says, you just can't have the slightest bit of lag in any game when it comes to playing them competitively.

Cloud gaming is far away from being a viable option in competitive gaming. I think people need to remember that Google has started many an ambitious product only to shut it down 12 months to 2 years down the line.

On 3/25/2019 at 6:46 PM, killamch89 said:

Cloud gaming is far away from being a viable option in competitive gaming. I think people need to remember that Google has started many an ambitious product only to shut it down 12 months to 2 years down the line.

Heheheheheh. Don't you know any better amirite?

6 hours ago, UleTheVee said:

Heheheheheh. Don't you know any better amirite?

Knowing Google and considering the expense of this endeavor, I give it 2 years max before they completely shelf it just as they shelved the Drone project that was supposed to bring internet services to very remote areas of the Earth. Yeah, your point is valid - CEOs nowadays are so out of touch with reality it is alarming.

On 3/27/2019 at 12:10 PM, killamch89 said:

Knowing Google and considering the expense of this endeavor, I give it 2 years max before they completely shelf it just as they shelved the Drone project that was supposed to bring internet services to very remote areas of the Earth. Yeah, your point is valid - CEOs nowadays are so out of touch with reality it is alarming.

OOOF. Now that's the strongest wording I have ever heard. Why haven't you replied to my full thoughts yet?

I believe that one day cloud gaming may be capable enough to handle esports and professional tournaments but at the moment that is still a work in progress for many. I know myself I often find myself playing games on the cloud through Xbox and their cloud gaming service and compared to what it was like a few years ago when they first released it to now, the connection and stability is definitely a lot better than it ever was which shows good progress. It may be some time before we see cloud gaming and esports become a thing but I feel in time we will see it. 

Cloud gaming is only good if you have a good internet connection. I think cloud gaming is terrible right now, but in the future it will be better as our internet speeds continue to increase. Where I live I can't rely on cloud based games, my connection just isn't that good. Just look at Stadia, it's dead now. I'm not sure how well Amazon's service, Luna does.

True. Cloud gaming may not be ideal for esports due to potential issues with latency, inconsistent internet connections, and the need for high-performance hardware. These factors can impact the competitiveness and fairness of online gaming, making it less suitable for professional esports competitions.