Register Now
DylanC

Most imaginative enemies in a video game?

18 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Here's a shot of it. You encounter a hell of a lot of them on the Balamb island.

FF8_Bite_Bug.png

Pretty sure one of these badboys flew into my bedroom last night 'cause I left the light on. Lol.

That thing looks nasty!

On 4/4/2019 at 1:23 PM, DylanC said:

Pretty sure one of these badboys flew into my bedroom last night 'cause I left the light on. Lol.

That thing looks nasty!

HAHAHA! With all the toxic waste being dumped into various parts of the world - we shouldn't be surprised with the size of those mosquitoes. 🤣

53 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Those little hard hate assholes in Mega Man. They don't seem like anything at first, just level art. Then when you get close to one, it pops up, shoots a few rounds, then runs at you so damn fast you don't usually have time to react. bastards.

MM2NeoMettaur.png

Haha, I remember those guys! They're cute and super annoying in equal measure!

On 4/2/2019 at 9:23 AM, The Blackangel said:

Yeah, I mean just look at this little shithead. Crack is not your friend people.

And a few interesting facts about it:
1) You only get 1 AP for killing it.
2) You get no XP for killing it.
3) It can kill you in one shot. Trust me on this one.
4) It has around 20k-30k HP on average.

So who in their right mind would waste their time with it? After killing around 20 of them it lures out their king which is actually a GF, that has some VERY nice abilities. If you no longer want to have to go to town to buy items it has an ability that is called Call Shop where all you have to do is go into your ability screen and there it is. No matter where you are in the world.

On a side note who remembers the Bite Bugs? There is one, I don't know whether to call it funny or disturbing, fact about this little daemonic monstrosity from Satan's last bowel movement. I found this out about a year ago. It can fly up and FART on you. Yes that's right. Fart. How do I know it farted on me you ask? Because when it's not a standard physical attack, theres a bar at the top of the screen tha tells you what the attack is. And in big bold letters, it said FART.

tonberry2.jpg

This is even worse in Final Fantasy Record Keeper

The nightmare tonberry attacks in a horde and is a damage race where you'll have to use abilities that basically either delay their actions or stop them entirely. Not only that, but their Ultimate Chef Knife attack can literally destroy your entire party. One of the most difficult Nightmare bosses for that fact alone.

On 4/17/2019 at 7:06 AM, DylanC said:

Just wanted to add Cuphead to this discussion. The bosses and enemy designs are easily some of the most creative and imaginative I've ever seen before. Very impressed with it, overall.

cuphead_mermaid1.png

That looks like one of the old cartoon villains from the old Mickey Mouse cartoons in the 1940s-50s.

On 4/17/2019 at 9:18 AM, The Blackangel said:

Those little hard hate assholes in Mega Man. They don't seem like anything at first, just level art. Then when you get close to one, it pops up, shoots a few rounds, then runs at you so damn fast you don't usually have time to react. bastards.

MM2NeoMettaur.png

Yeah - I can never forget those but they are just a nuisance. Unlike the Tonberry that has the powers of instant death in its shank.

On 4/18/2019 at 10:55 PM, killamch89 said:

That looks like one of the old cartoon villains from the old Mickey Mouse cartoons in the 1940s-50s.

Looks like Looney tunes gone wrong. I think there were many of such bizzare animation at that time. I also loved the similar bizzare type of the games where it was zombies mostly. 

Mr X in Resident Evil 2 remake was memorable for me. I didn't like it very much. In Resident Evil 7 I just started playing, has someone chase you, but it just works to scare the living S##T out of me!!! 

As far as creative, there are a number in Witcher 3. Leshens are pretty cool. Part tree, with antlers, skull face, and uses forest animals to attack you. 

Volatiles in Dying Light will make you run for your life at night. Or find a hiding spot till morning if you can't make it to a safe zone. They got my blood pumping a number of times.