Register Now
DylanC

Any interest in Google Stadia?

So Google’s new gaming platform has been announced. It’s a streaming-focused platform that’s very powerful. The price and games catalogue haven’t been confirmed yet. Would you be interested in it? How much do you think it will cost per month?

Personally, I feel like I need more information before deciding, though it’s an interesting idea. Still, I think I’ll always prefer tradional, native gaming consoles because I’m used to them and that’s what I’ve grown up with. Plus my internet is mediocre and any latency would be a nightmare for me.

Who knows what price Google would fixate on the streaming site subscription on monthly basis? But from what I can say, it would be determined by the availability of cataloged games on the platform. The more games there is, the higher the price would be. 

5 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

In general, no. I grudgingly use some TV streaming services, but I would rather just buy the shows I like. Many streaming shows aren't purchasable at all, and it's easy to imagine gaming going the same direction. I like to own things.

I agree I also to rather to own my games, I wouldnt like to loose the game after a certain time because of the streaming service. Besides I wouldnt have the time use the service at its fullest since I only play for about 1-2 hours a day now.

There's no way I would consider it, since just to play I would have to pay a fee every month. That's just unacceptable. It's pure greed on the part of Google. I'll own my cartridge or disc, but I won't pay every month just to be able to play. That's not a console. That's online gaming. Might as well stick to WoW.

I definitely see some value in the Google's stadia. In fact I want that platform to become opensource and other developers chiming in on it. The reason being we don't know what google may forfeit in such case. I guess in such case having more than one gaming platform helps out. We also have to see how much mature it is though. We can't throw judgement blindly in this without even seeing enough. 

20 hours ago, skyfire said:

I definitely see some value in the Google's stadia. In fact I want that platform to become opensource and other developers chiming in on it. The reason being we don't know what google may forfeit in such case. I guess in such case having more than one gaming platform helps out. We also have to see how much mature it is though. We can't throw judgement blindly in this without even seeing enough. 

Considering Google's track record, they will probably can it in 2-3 years especially if it doesn't gain enough traction within the first 2 years. You don't believe me, look at the list of projects that Google has launched in the last 5 years and look at how many are still active - it resembles a graveyard.

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Considering Google's track record, they will probably can it in 2-3 years especially if it doesn't gain enough traction within the first 2 years. You don't believe me, look at the list of projects that Google has launched in the last 5 years and look at how many are still active - it resembles a graveyard.

Indeed totally agree. Googles engineers are so immature. They create projects and expect people to like them and use them from day 1. And if not they scrap project in few days. Happened to many of their projects. I hope stadia doesn't become graveyard like that. Even google product like Google Reader can die. I am kind of skeptical on what google does. If this were to be microsoft or Sony I'd say we have some chance. Google is unreliable on any project. 

In my opinion, Google is a great search engine. But that's where their quality ends. Gmail to me is useless. Just a shitty mail program. Granted I know it's the trend right now, and a lot of people love it, but I'm sticking with Hotmail. And all these little side projects that Google keeps coming up with (anyone remember Google Glass?) are just really sad. If they would put some money, research, and time into the development into these items, plus a test run with a good number of people, then maybe they could make some good projects. But until that starts happening, Google is only a search engine for me, and nothing more.