Register Now
Jayson

GameStop Used Games

6 hours ago, italianmunchiez said:

The deals are awesome but you got to remember the way Gamestop does business they take used games for a low price and sell them back for a slightly higher price.

Well, they wouldn't make money if they didn't.  Do you blame them?  How exactly are they scamming people here?

I don't think that we have any Game Stop stores in my country. There are great deals for the console users in Game Stop. Most people which play on PC prefer digital download and in some countries ( like my one ) pirating is legal and there are also people who just pirate most of the singleplayer games.

On 8/13/2018 at 5:57 PM, Keranov said:

I don't think that we have any Game Stop stores in my country. There are great deals for the console users in Game Stop. Most people which play on PC prefer digital download and in some countries ( like my one ) pirating is legal and there are also people who just pirate most of the singleplayer games.

I doubt if it's legal anywhere.  Do you have any sources?  Anyway, if it is, then it could pose some international disputes.

15 hours ago, Jayson said:

I doubt if it's legal anywhere.  Do you have any sources?  Anyway, if it is, then it could pose some international disputes.

In Europe there is a thing called ACTA which was about to make the piracy illegal. There were protests here and the government chose to not sign it. It's completely safe here to pirate things as long as it's for home use only.

There have been a couple of times that I've bought a used game from them and I absolutely loved the game I got.  Most of the time, I tend to buy new games though.  I think the only reason that I haven't tried them more often is I don't have one that close to me. 

I don't really shop at gamestop anymore, the only'used' games I buy from them now are their retro selection online. So games for my Saturn & Dreamcast mostly, because if there is anything wrong with the discs or they don't run on my console, I can return them to my local gamestop store for a full refund. Yes they are more expensive than buying some of these titles off ebay but you get the ease of mind knowing that if anything is wrong with any of them, you can simply return them to the store and get a refund. Which is a lot easier than chasing an ebay seller down for a refund and having to return the item via shipping it back, etc. 🙂

On 8/15/2018 at 5:43 PM, Keranov said:

In Europe there is a thing called ACTA which was about to make the piracy illegal. There were protests here and the government chose to not sign it. It's completely safe here to pirate things as long as it's for home use only.

I doubt if there is much that US etc. companies could do about it anyway.  What are they going to do?  Start a war with nations over piracy?  That's why China pretty much can middle finger the US in this regard.