Register Now
DylanC

Easiest video game you’ve ever beaten?

I'm going to say that most of the games nowadays don't even take two weeks to beat much less a week. I remember some games taking me up to 2 months to complete and that was me playing them for more that 10 hours a day. I feel like modern games are so "dumbed down" to provide less challenge for modern gamers.

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I'm going to say that most of the games nowadays don't even take two weeks to beat much less a week. I remember some games taking me up to 2 months to complete and that was me playing them for more that 10 hours a day. I feel like modern games are so "dumbed down" to provide less challenge for modern gamers.

I’ve been noticing the same thing. Which has made it seem that we’re shit out of luck to find anything that’s actually a challenge. I honestly believe the bullshit PC and SJW movements have a lot to do with it.

18 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I’ve been noticing the same thing. Which has made it seem that we’re shit out of luck to find anything that’s actually a challenge. I honestly believe the bullshit PC and SJW movements have a lot to do with it.

They do contribute to it with their constant moaning about every little thing. I also notice that members of this upcoming generation don't like figuring out things for themselves - they expect every single answer to everything must be laid at their feet because they're too lazy to do it.

It's sad to say, but I see that all the time. If you expect everything to be handed to you, then what is the actual point? I'll be the first to admit that I have players guides for a ton of my games. But I only have them to use if I get hopelessly stuck, and absolutely can not figure out what the hell I need to do to get out of that situation. Otherwise, all the hell they do is collect dust. In FF8, I do use the guide on a rare occasion, but only to double check things here and there. Like what items I need to refine to a certain one, or what a monsters elemental weakness is. As far as gameplay, I don't use it.

7 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

It's sad to say, but I see that all the time. If you expect everything to be handed to you, then what is the actual point? I'll be the first to admit that I have players guides for a ton of my games. But I only have them to use if I get hopelessly stuck, and absolutely can not figure out what the hell I need to do to get out of that situation. Otherwise, all the hell they do is collect dust. In FF8, I do use the guide on a rare occasion, but only to double check things here and there. Like what items I need to refine to a certain one, or what a monsters elemental weakness is. As far as gameplay, I don't use it.

I much prefer a challenging game like say Dark Souls for instance where you are handed almost nothing and you have to actively think your way through every scenario (it annoys me at times too) and most of the younger generation avoid Dark Souls for that very reason. What they don't realize is that they are missing out on an amazing experience.

On 9/5/2019 at 3:43 AM, killamch89 said:

I have seen people doing it few days and not even waiting for like a week to pass. 

12 hours ago, skyfire said:

I have seen people doing it few days and not even waiting for like a week to pass. 

That's exactly my point - most games are devoid of challenge. They are extremely linear, straightforward with little to no imagination in terms of enemies or layout. Most of the areas are a retexture of the first area you encountered.

24 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

That's exactly my point - most games are devoid of challenge. They are extremely linear, straightforward with little to no imagination in terms of enemies or layout. Most of the areas are a retexture of the first area you encountered.

Unfortunately, you’re right. Games are no longer about challenge. They’re about rewards. You get a trophy or new skill for the most inane of accomplishments. If the game makes you feel like you’ve accomplished something when you’ve actually done nothing, it will keep up the sales. This generation is lazy and wants everything without earning it.

Sad.

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

Unfortunately, you’re right. Games are no longer about challenge. They’re about rewards. You get a trophy or new skill for the most inane of accomplishments. If the game makes you feel like you’ve accomplished something when you’ve actually done nothing, it will keep up the sales. This generation is lazy and wants everything without earning it.

Sad.

Some of the things this generation complain about is so petty that it's ridiculous. Take for instance, changing a doorknob - they actually have to hire someone to do it when all you need is a screwdriver set and an identical lock. Yet, this neighbor of mine in his early 20's was moaning how difficult it was to do and how he will have to replace it and it's going to take forever. -_-

On 9/12/2019 at 6:26 AM, killamch89 said:

I think in early 90s era it was not much forced on developers to make something too difficult.