Register Now
Jayson

Using a Gaming PC for Art

On 12/31/2020 at 4:40 AM, Shole said:

Honestly I got a gaming computer for more than just gaming, including like writing and editing, even if you don't need a good pc for writing, I still like it when I can let 100 things be open and nothing slows down.

As for 3D art you def need a strongish pc to not wait ages for it to render.

Same, If you aim at building a gaming system then it also means that it can run just about everything else. Like photoshop and video editing 🙂 Most cards have the encoding chips as well as 3D chips and gaming wise users 3D chips. 

Photoshop still has min. RAM requirement though compared to video editing softwares which require the 8GB RAM or more. Something you have to check out for the time considering more RAM is the only way out when dealing with video or image editing load. 

On 12/30/2020 at 7:31 PM, Patrik said:

he issue with these is that they poorly perform in gaming and they cost a lot, unlike gaming cards that can kinda do both of the tasks, gaming and workstation work, not like workstation cards do, but still can get the job done for lower price and can do gaming as well!

True but I have seen and had work station cards in PC that are meant for advance 3d modeling and rendering. Most gaming day to day cards focus on the 3d chips as to work station cards doesn't.

On 12/30/2020 at 11:40 PM, Shole said:

Honestly I got a gaming computer for more than just gaming, including like writing and editing, even if you don't need a good pc for writing, I still like it when I can let 100 things be open and nothing slows down.

As for 3D art you def need a strongish pc to not wait ages for it to render.

You'll need something like a  6 core CPU with an RTX 2000 series at least and 16 gb of RAM the minimum.

On 1/6/2021 at 2:37 AM, skyfire said:

For most of the graphics and the 3D can be played on the MSI based laptops. Their creator series is pretty much interesting in terms of the specifications too. 

Yeah, the creator series was specifically made for that but at $3000, I'm not sure I'll be getting one any time soon. I do like that they have a 4k panel but that doesn't warrant the price at all.