Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games that suffered from over-hyping

3 hours ago, Alyxx said:

I would say Watch_Dogs really suffered from it. The game is actually not that bad but the hype just made it really disappointing to a lot of people.

I agree if we took it for what it was which is a decent game or even slightly above average. The fact that they compared it GTA is what really made it a flop - I did like the hacker elements but in terms of interaction with the NPCs in-game, it was lacking to say the least. 

4 hours ago, Alyxx said:

I would say what it does really well is world building. I've had a lot of fun just walking around in the game and paying attention to the stuff going on around you and the little stories everywhere.

I also really like how unique it was with its hacker-oriented gameplay.

What Watchdogs really lacked was motivation, the story was bland, the main character was very boring and it was more fun to blast your way through the missions rather than hacking (lame puzzles). Chicago did looked very good , on Xbox one it was a beauty and even on Xbox 360 it looked very decent.

56 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

What Watchdogs really lacked was motivation, the story was bland, the main character was very boring and it was more fun to blast your way through the missions rather than hacking (lame puzzles). Chicago did looked very good , on Xbox one it was a beauty and even on Xbox 360 it looked very decent.

The NPCs were so robotic in their actions, that when I first played Watch Dogs, I actually tried to hack the NPCs 🤣  It annoyed me how the media said it would eclipse GTA...In a way, I was glad it failed miserably because it lacked the quality to be even comparable to a GTA game.