Register Now
StaceyPowers

Best open world universe/lore?

Skyrim and GTA/Read Dead Redemption. Skyrim alone has a one big universe of myths and legends and the game allows you to play most of them. For GTA and Read Dead Redemption you just need to pay attention to the news and small details to know how fucked up the world is in those games.

On 3/30/2019 at 5:39 PM, StaceyPowers said:

@kingpotato I totally agree about Skyrim. I think the lore is my favorite aspect of that game, aside from the scenery and the general relaxing nature of the gameplay. I recently started RDR, and look forward to exploring every detail of that world!

Skyrim is my favorite as well and with mods, you can add even more to that world.

On 3/30/2019 at 3:39 PM, StaceyPowers said:

@kingpotato I totally agree about Skyrim. I think the lore is my favorite aspect of that game, aside from the scenery and the general relaxing nature of the gameplay. I recently started RDR, and look forward to exploring every detail of that world!

Yes for example I remember I was reading the books of the Wolf queen and I was very interested in the story, it was very surprising when I found out that it was a playable quest, its those details that made me fall in love with skyrim.

@kingpotato 

That’s true. That’s a good example, another one being Berenziah (spelling?).

I like that if you read the books, they shed light on events which otherwise you might totally misinterpret. My mind was blown by the one which talked about how Ulfric made a mess of the Reach. That book arguably contributed more to my understanding of both him and the situation with the Forsworn than anything anyone said to me in the game.

If you like the nazi environment where you want to survive to reach the end. I think the return to caste wolfestein seems to be a good world to explore also. The gameplay for second game also shows some sort of promise there. 

On 4/3/2019 at 4:59 PM, StaceyPowers said:

@kingpotato 

That’s true. That’s a good example, another one being Berenziah (spelling?).

I like that if you read the books, they shed light on events which otherwise you might totally misinterpret. My mind was blown by the one which talked about how Ulfric made a mess of the Reach. That book arguably contributed more to my understanding of both him and the situation with the Forsworn than anything anyone said to me in the game.

The books also tell you about the strength of the Dragonborn and that is why default Skyrim annoys me to no end. The lore claimed that the Dragonborn had the strength to rival a dragon yet the Dragonborn in-game hits like a 2-year-old. His voice could destroy entire cities yet the Dragonborn's shouts in-game are like a casual breeze.

17 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The books also tell you about the strength of the Dragonborn and that is why default Skyrim annoys me to no end. The lore claimed that the Dragonborn had the strength to rival a dragon yet the Dragonborn in-game hits like a 2-year-old. His voice could destroy entire cities yet the Dragonborn's shouts in-game are like a casual breeze.

All of that ... shouting ... is making people nervous!

On 4/7/2019 at 9:08 PM, killamch89 said:

True but the books also fail to mention the ability to eat cheese and regenerate mid battle. I'm more scared of a guy who regenerates health by speed eating cheese while kicking my ass.