Register Now
Sign in to follow this  
xXInfectedXx

Disk cannot be read

Have you ever experienced the error message "This disk can't be read" and you eject and put the disk back in the Xbox and it works? I have an Xbox 360 and this happens quite a lot. Does this happen to anyone else? What's the best way to fix this issue? Thank you

Its your Xbox, the laser its not working properly anymore, you can confirm by inserting the same disk into another Xbox and you will notice that the disk works fine.  But if you do see the error message on a different Xbox then that means its the disk but I doubt it since you didnt mentioned a specific disk.

On 3/28/2019 at 7:43 PM, kingpotato said:

Its your Xbox, the laser its not working properly anymore, you can confirm by inserting the same disk into another Xbox and you will notice that the disk works fine.  But if you do see the error message on a different Xbox then that means its the disk but I doubt it since you didnt mentioned a specific disk.

It's happening with all Disks on my console, unfortunately I don't have a spair to try this on. 

How would I go about fixing the Laser and having this technical issue  diagnosed? What retailer would you suggest for repairs? 

Edited by xXInfectedXx

On 4/1/2019 at 3:20 PM, xXInfectedXx said:

It's happening with all Disks on my console, unfortunately I don't have a spair to try this on. 

How would I go about fixing the Laser and having this technical issue  diagnosed? What retailer would you suggest for repairs? 

Not worth it, the diagnose and the repair plus the purchase of the spare laser will cost you even more, the new laser will most likely be generic and it will only last for about a year, believe me I've tried this. Just get a new one, well I dont think its possible to find one brand new but just get another Xbox with warranty.