Register Now
Alexander.

Television

A Samsung 4K Ultra HD TV, it's only 60" though (got it for like $225 on Black Friday like 2 years ago). Next upgrade might be a 80-90" TV once I have enough to just splurge on a PS5 or create a gaming PC that can fit and map well with controllers to use as a media center. 

I have a 75" TV and game on it, and I can tell you that it's well worth the money. But I do feel like an ass. I got mine a couple years ago at Walmart for $2000. Now they're selling literally the exact same TV for $600. I got ripped off, but there's nothing I can do about it. I might get another one when I have the money, but I don't know where I would put it.

A couple days ago I bought a 55" for $150 at Walmart, so at least I finally got a good deal on a TV.

Edited by The Blackangel

I have a 60". I know God isn't a materialistic entity, but when you die and go to heaven SHE will tell you that's the best thing you ever did in life. The gates will open based on you having common sense while on Earth, where material things exist. Even God's creators will nod in agreement that mankind has fulfilled their sole purpose in existence by having a big tv. Cause only then will you be so close to God while you immerse in the lives and actions of the video game world on full display. SHE welcomes your achievement in being mini Gods. You now have experience to walk through the gates and meet your own maker. 

I was using LG 50" Class 4K UHD Smart before I changed it to Samsung TU9010 Crystal UHD 4K Smart TV. My brother needed the LG and I wanted to change mine, so I gave that to him and got the Samsung for myself. 

On 1/13/2021 at 2:57 AM, Syntax said:

A Samsung 4K Ultra HD TV, it's only 60" though (got it for like $225 on Black Friday like 2 years ago). Next upgrade might be a 80-90" TV once I have enough to just splurge on a PS5 or create a gaming PC that can fit and map well with controllers to use as a media center. 

I have been seeing Samsung Smart Curved TV lately and it looks so cool. If I'm ever upgrading my TV, it's going to be the curved screen. 

The TV I have at the moment that I use for gaming is a Bush HD Smart TV and it is 32 inches. I find that it sits on my desk perfect, and I have the space to be able to do other things that I do on my PC as well as having the ability to use my console as well. 

I have often heard thought that gaming on smaller size TV's can be better and many people I know tend to opt for say a 24-inch tv over say a 32-inch television or even higher. It has got me curious though. Is there anyone here who has used a bigger television in the past to game on and they have then switched to a smaller television and found it better? 

14 hours ago, Shortie said:

Is there anyone here who has used a bigger television in the past to game on and they have then switched to a smaller television and found it better? 

I've switched back and forth between playing Switch/PS games on my 4K TV and playing PC games on my smaller 24 inches monitor, and I definitely feel the difference, that the game feels smaller and less epic. I like epic scales and immersion, so if I'm given a choice, I'll pick my 4K TV for gaming. It's also why I bought that modded Switch so that I could custom-mod Chaos;Head: Noah (instead of buying a copy of the game on Steam, which would've made modding easier because it's on PC). I want to feel that atmosphere.

I have a TCL Roku TV in my room, I'd say about a 32 inch, I don't remember. Currently it gets the job done for me, so I don't see the need to get a bigger tv. I also have a TCL Roku 65 inch tv in my living room, but I don't usually game on it. Though I wouldn't mind doing so, but I think I'd rather find a way to connect my PC to my TV instead. Maybe I'll buy a big HDMI cable to make it happen. 

On 10/28/2022 at 5:30 PM, Shortie said:

I have often heard thought that gaming on smaller size TV's can be better and many people I know tend to opt for say a 24-inch tv over say a 32-inch television or even higher. It has got me curious though. Is there anyone here who has used a bigger television in the past to game on and they have then switched to a smaller television and found it better? 

It varies from game to game for me, and only on the Switch. The full 3D games like BOTW or Xenoblade, 10/10 experience on a big TV.

The games that were made to be played with a portable in mind tend to hurt my eyes on a big screen. Something about the large UI elements and such make it rough on a big screen. Easily fixed by just playing in handheld mode tho.

On 10/28/2022 at 6:30 PM, Shortie said:

The TV I have at the moment that I use for gaming is a Bush HD Smart TV and it is 32 inches. I find that it sits on my desk perfect, and I have the space to be able to do other things that I do on my PC as well as having the ability to use my console as well. 

Honestly, smaller tvs tend to look better when it comes to gaming, especially if you have a smaller 4K tv, like 32 inches or so I'd say. It would probably look better on that than say a big tv. But, it also depends how far away you're sitting from the tv. If it's a small tv and you sit close, it should look fine. But if you have a big tv in a smaller space, it probably would look more blown up and not as good looking. 

It's cool to game on a big screen, but I don't think it's a requirement. 

On 12/3/2022 at 12:55 PM, Kane99 said:

Honestly, smaller tvs tend to look better when it comes to gaming, especially if you have a smaller 4K tv, like 32 inches or so I'd say. It would probably look better on that than say a big tv. But, it also depends how far away you're sitting from the tv. If it's a small tv and you sit close, it should look fine. But if you have a big tv in a smaller space, it probably would look more blown up and not as good looking. 

It's cool to game on a big screen, but I don't think it's a requirement. 

I have a 32 inch 4k TV in my room which I got last month and honestly, sometimes I connect my Switch to it and just lay in bed and play Mario Kart.

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I have a 32 inch 4k TV in my room which I got last month and honestly, sometimes I connect my Switch to it and just lay in bed and play Mario Kart.

32 inch I feel is the perfect size for a bedroom, and at 4K it should look pretty impressive. I don't know how good the Switch looks on a 4K TV, but I imagine it looks pretty decent.