Register Now
Alexander.

Disadvantages of Gaming

19 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I'm not going to lie - I have been a complete douche in some online games...like turning guilds against each other but I do have a limit. I never reached the point where I am completely ruining it for other players. It's more like we all have a good laugh after everyone realizes what has taken place.

I'm far from faultless myself. I did a lot of underhanded things in the MUD I played back in the day. I was a spy, so through my underhandedness, I got to see everyone else's dirt way more clearly than I wanted to. In the end, I got so jaded I quit. It was the only way to undo my percentage of the damage.

2 minutes ago, StaceyPowers said:

I'm far from faultless myself. I did a lot of underhanded things in the MUD I played back in the day. I was a spy, so through my underhandedness, I got to see everyone else's dirt way more clearly than I wanted to. In the end, I got so jaded I quit. It was the only way to undo my percentage of the damage.

What was your username? James Bond?🤣 Sorry, I had to...

15 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

What was your username? James Bond?🤣 Sorry, I had to...

That joke is both more and less funny than you think :/ You have no idea how badly I wanted to be James Bond, lol. I seriously considered CIA as a career when I was young. I did get to visit their HQ once, which was super cool!

5 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

That joke is both more and less funny than you think 😕 You have no idea how badly I wanted to be James Bond, lol. I seriously considered CIA as a career when I was young. I did get to visit their HQ once, which was super cool!

I should learn by now not to joke about things because it usually turns out to be true...🤣 . I can bet they used their memory eraser on you when you went to the CIA HQ lol.

I think the way games are making the kids and the adults get into the rehab. That seems to be one thing that has been going wrong for the gamers and many other people. We have to see how much time we are being spending on some of the games. And that needs to change for the health be it mental or the physical. 

18 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I should learn by now not to joke about things because it usually turns out to be true...🤣 . I can bet they used their memory eraser on you when you went to the CIA HQ lol.

Alas, by definition, I'll never know =D But at least I got some cool souvenirs. 

4 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

Alas, by definition, I'll never know =D But at least I got some cool souvenirs. 

You sure there aren't any trackers in any of the souvenirs or secret microphones to record you?🤣 Considering the CIA's history I would be very paranoid when accepting anything from them.

The problem I have with gaming is that there's always something else, more important thing to do: wash the dishes, tidy up the house, read a book, get the fire alarm fixed etc. 

But, I guess, procrastination has nothing to do with gaming at all. Ppl avoid important tasks no matter what hobby they fancy. 

14 minutes ago, Moony Burbage said:

The problem I have with gaming is that there's always something else, more important thing to do: wash the dishes, tidy up the house, read a book, get the fire alarm fixed etc. 

But, I guess, procrastination has nothing to do with gaming at all. Ppl avoid important tasks no matter what hobby they fancy. 

When you are stuck on something, you can be rest assured that you will keep making excuses on why you had to keep being involved with such act or addiction. It's just the same thing with gaming because when you are so hooked up to playing, it's going to affect other things that you are supposed to do. 

Noticed some of the common symptoms among gamers who need rehab. 

1. They believe in getting rid of old hardware quickly As in every 3 months they think they need latest features. 

2. They think they need new games and hardware to be happy. 

3. They need people who accept them to be happy. 

If someone is going through this then they need rehab or some sort of consultation that can make them good on that count.