Register Now
Alexander.

Digital or Physical Copies

I go for physical copies. I'm not the biggest fan of emulators, and I also like having the option of taking my game with me if I want to change rooms or if I'm going somewhere. It's not really an option if you download digital copies. It's a bit difficult to lug a computer everywhere with you unless you use a laptop.

Now that platform like googles stadia is coming into the market. I dont think there seems to be any point for the physical copies anymore. And that is one more reason I prefer to be relying on the digital copies. And also it saves the money for the developers for the long time enough. In some case merchandise is where they can invest. I think in future purely digital is the way to go. 

On 8/18/2019 at 8:45 PM, skyfire said:

With new Wallmart updates, I think it'd be harder for the physical boxes to be sold. I think they have to consider selling them through online means like ebay now. 

Except nobody will buy it from Walmart. Steam has better deals and I can name countless other online platforms that offer far better deals for digital games so Walmart would be wasting their time.

Physical copies are on their way out as it is anyway, so before long everyone is gonna be buying digital anyway. So those of us in the Stone Age, will have antiques that the next generation won’t know what the hell they’re looking at. Name me one kid today that knows how to use either a video cassette or audio cassette. How many of you here have never owned or possibly even seen an actual 8-track tape? I had a lot of them.

Fuck. I am old.

25 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Physical copies are on their way out as it is anyway, so before long everyone is gonna be buying digital anyway. So those of us in the Stone Age, will have antiques that the next generation won’t know what the hell they’re looking at. Name me one kid today that knows how to use either a video cassette or audio cassette. How many of you here have never owned or possibly even seen an actual 8-track tape? I had a lot of them.

Fuck. I am old.

I just said the other day that I'm starting to agree and sound like my parents with regards to the advance of technology and the entitlement mentality of this younger generation. Some of things I see them make such a big deal about is so trivial that I am left dumbfounded.