Register Now
Alexander.

Internet Safety for Gamers

Staying safe online while gaming is important. You don't want to face any cyber issues!

Here are some tips which I have wrote, if you have any of your own advice you would like to add, you can reply below.

1. Do not enter your credit or debit card number for company's which seem suspicious or are not established/popular.

2. Install Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware on Both your Computer and your Mobile Phone

3. Don't re-use passwords

4. Don't download nulled or cracked games; they could contain viruses.

5. Have fun and stay safe

Edited by xXInfectedXx

I think saving credit and debit card details in wallet like paypal is kind of wrong too. It's always better to only use the details at  the time of payment. Never to save password in plain text files. This way we are making it easy for others to hack or use us. And in such case it's better to be safe to protect your passwords and stuff from others. 

On 3/28/2019 at 3:16 PM, The Blackangel said:

Also if you're on the dark web a lot, as I am, you need a proper DW browser. You need to get TOR so you can access those onion sites, and keep your information secret. But first you need to know what the hell you're doing.

Thanks for the additional advice. I will bare this in mind if I ever dedice to visit the dark side of the Internet. I can't work out why I would want to, though. 

Better safe than sorry. Thank you for sharing. 

I have noticed that most of the gamers get trolled a lot. Like there are some people who want to have last word in everything and they don't hesitate in trying to pinpoint at everything. So it can be pretty worst for some gamers. And if they are not streaming they can disable the comments but not possible with streaming on. That's what most of us have noticed so far. 

3 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

Which password manager do you recommend?

I have been using SafeInCloud for the past 2 years and it has been extremely reliable. However, there are other equally reliable ones like LastPass, Keeper Password Manager & Digital Vault as well as Dashlane(This one is the most expensive - not quite sure it's much better than the rest but extremely reliable nonetheless).

11 hours ago, skyfire said:

I'd say you can use the Lastpass. It's lot better with pro features too. There is free version too. But for gaming and the other reasons, using the pro features is worth it. You can also use KeepassX as well. 

I knew I missed one of them. KeepassX is a good one as well - I'm not quite sure how I forgot about it.

On 4/7/2019 at 11:00 PM, StaceyPowers said:

Which password manager do you recommend?

I would recommend Last Pass if your still looking for one. It's free and extremely secure. 

Hope my suggestion helps you! 

Edited by xXInfectedXx

On 4/9/2019 at 2:09 AM, killamch89 said:

I knew I missed one of them. KeepassX is a good one as well - I'm not quite sure how I forgot about it.

KeePass X is specific to the desktop. So unlike the lastpass it won't be much of the help for the web based usage. So that's the difference about the application. I would also recommend some of the other extensions if you are using chrome.