Alexander.

Custom Built or Pre-Built

Custom Built or Pre Built?   

4 members have voted

1. 1. Vote

• Pre Built
    • Custom Built

On 5/3/2019 at 10:05 AM, Jayson said:

I have a pre-built PC, not a gaming one.  Anyway, I'm not keen on really knowing if custom is better than pre-built.  Anyway, I certainly want a gaming one - because the better graphics and memory is suitable for 3D art creation (one of my hobbies).

Building a custom PC tends to be both cheaper and productive because you'll be able to build your PC to be proficient at 3D art creation which trying to get a pre-built one will cost you an arm and a leg. Let's not even get started on when you want to upgrade your PC - the cost is ridiculous.

23 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think if you are too much into gaming then the custom PC config can drain your budget. And I'd say on that note it's better to consult before you make any strong decisions on components. 

Research is always important because you have to possess compatible parts to get the best out of your custom-built gaming PC.

On 6/23/2019 at 10:55 PM, skyfire said:

Indeed especially applies when you have like those graphics card which may create heating and other driver issues which could go wrong on Windows for sure. In case of linux it may not even get detected as well. 

I personally have never used linux so I cannot say but I have had driver issues before on Windows - especially with Nvidia cards. I think Geforce Experience is the crappiest graphical interface software of all time. If you ever tried downloading a driver update for your Nvidia card using it, the updates takes hours to download and you have re-install it like 3-4 times because it failed to install the other times. I download the drive updates directly from the Nvidia site directly because it is faster and more effective.

On 8/2/2019 at 7:16 AM, skyfire said:

I think it'd be interesting to see the pre built machine like say alienware come out in the market. I have mostly assumed that system76 can build something like that for the linux. 

Linux is a tricky one because not many computer users ever use that software except for developers in the tech industry so the demands isn't really that high so I doubt Dell would consider making an Alienware machine for Linux.