Register Now
Alexander.

Cleaning

If you're using physical copies instead of downloads, then it's crucial to keep it clean. Dirt can really screw up your gam play. For discs I just use a lens wipe like I would use on my glasses. It does it perfectly. But don't ever use one of those lens cleaning discs for the laser inside your system with the little brush thing on it. All it will do is scratch the laser which will force you to have to either replace the laser or get another console.

With cartridges, even though it says not to, I use the best cleaning solution I can find and a Q-Tip. Very gently I clean the points on the game then use the other end, or a whole new Q-Tip to clean as much of the fluid off, then let it sit and dry for at least 2 hours. I've saved a lot of games this way.

If you fail to keep your gaming gadgets clean, it's definitely going to impact negatively on the console or PC which might cause damage or malfunctioning of the electronics. Dust makes most electronics to overheat. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

If you fail to keep your gaming gadgets clean, it's definitely going to impact negatively on the console or PC which might cause damage or malfunctioning of the electronics. Dust makes most electronics to overheat. 

Correct. How do you clean your platform? Duster, Hoover, Screen Wipes? Got any tips to share? Thank you. 

Edited by xXInfectedXx

I have purchased one small vaccum cleaner recently. That allows the dust to collect through the machine. And you can then clean the smallest area of the desktop, laptop and console using it. And the best part is that it makes less noise too. So on that context I'd refer anyone to buy such small vaccum cleaner for cleaning. 

It depends on how often I use it. I go through phases where I only want to play one console. When I'm in one of those phases, I clean the console a few times a week. If it's a disc machine then I clean the disc every other use. I'm pretty meticulous about keeping my consoles in the best condition I can. The NES is almost as old as I am, so it needs some serious TLC.

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I don't have a console per say but I clean my gaming laptop at least twice a month.

What methods do you use to clean your Laptop? Exactly which is the safest way to clean an electrical appliance in your opinion? 

How do you go about cleaning your Keyboard? 

Thank you! 

18 minutes ago, UleTheVee said:

I often send my stuff for cleaning every 1 or two months. If it isn't enough, I got a vacuum cleaner as well!

What do you mean by the word "send"? Do you get your equipment professionally cleaned? If so, where? Is this something you would recommend to other gamers? 

24 minutes ago, xXInfectedXx said:

What do you mean by the word "send"? Do you get your equipment professionally cleaned? If so, where? Is this something you would recommend to other gamers? 

There are plenty of places in Mexico where people will clean your systems as long as you pay their rates. SO yeah.

37 minutes ago, UleTheVee said:

There are plenty of places in Mexico where people will clean your systems as long as you pay their rates. SO yeah.

How much do they charge you for the service? I'm guessing you live in or close to Mexico unless you pay for international shipping. 

What are the costs if you don't mind me asking? 

Edited by xXInfectedXx