Register Now
Alexander.

Cleaning

7 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

@skyfire @killamch89 Wouldn't cleaning a laptop with a vacuum cleaner have the potential to generate damaging static electricity? It seems so ... uncontrolled.

I've never really tried it myself so I can't say for sure. I'd have to look it up myself because I also have my reservations about the vacuum method.

12 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

@skyfire @killamch89 Wouldn't cleaning a laptop with a vacuum cleaner have the potential to generate damaging static electricity? It seems so ... uncontrolled.

Good point. How else would you remove or reduce Dust from the ventilation though? Do you whether static energy can stil be generated if the power supply is turned off? 

3 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

@killamch89 @xXInfectedXx I always just spray in the canned air. I notice it exerts enough pressure that a lot of dust blows back out of the ventilation. 

That's what I do as well. I can never recommend having a can of air enough - It makes most computer cleaning jobs more tolerable and less nerve-wracking. I'd start panicking if I never had a can of air available to clean my PC because almost anything else has the potential to ruin your machine.

17 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

@killamch89 @xXInfectedXx I always just spray in the canned air. I notice it exerts enough pressure that a lot of dust blows back out of the ventilation. 

Why didn't I ever think of that? A great idea. May I know who the best retailer is to purchase a canned air spray? Would you recommend Amazon? 

Thank you. 

15 hours ago, xXInfectedXx said:

Why didn't I ever think of that? A great idea. May I know who the best retailer is to purchase a canned air spray? Would you recommend Amazon? 

Thank you. 

Amazon or eBay will suffice. It won't cost you more than $15 dollars and it'll last you for probably 3-4 months probably more depending on usage.

17 hours ago, Bravosi said:

the thing is im afraid to harm my pc when cleaning it. i do what i can at most, but then if it gets too dirty i use services of an expert.

A can of compressed air can't harm your PC ( the only thing I'm certain that can't damage your PC). How much do they charge to clean your PC?

22 hours ago, Bravosi said:

the thing is im afraid to harm my pc when cleaning it. i do what i can at most, but then if it gets too dirty i use services of an expert.

Use vaccum cleaner. You can atleast get the dust out of the device. For example often the laptop have the dust which needs to be removed. So it's better to get it out by properly cleaning it every now and then. 

@skyfire Do you use a vacuum cleaner on yours? I'm wondering how you avoid problems with static cling. It's simply hard for me not to imagine it being an issue, but maybe I just don't know what I'm talking about (probably not).

@xXInfectedXx @killamch89 i usually just pick it up at the local Fred Meyer or Walmart or such. Sometimes, they sell it in bulk, and you can get a cheap deal on it. I haven't really found any particular brand to be superior so far.

Yes mine is low powered one though. Not that floor cleaner level power. Mine is those handy small sized one. And those can be used with the USB port. Static cling issue is there but I turn off laptop and any other device around during cleaning. 

On 4/13/2019 at 5:02 PM, StaceyPowers said:

@skyfire Do you use a vacuum cleaner on yours? I'm wondering how you avoid problems with static cling. It's simply hard for me not to imagine it being an issue, but maybe I just don't know what I'm talking about (probably not).

@xXInfectedXx @killamch89 i usually just pick it up at the local Fred Meyer or Walmart or such. Sometimes, they sell it in bulk, and you can get a cheap deal on it. I haven't really found any particular brand to be superior so far.

I just buy a generic brand to be honest - I'm not sure how one can of air can differ that much in quality from the rest.