Register Now
Alexander.

Disposable or Rechargeable

I've intended to buy rechargeable for a long time, but never seem to do it. So I always just end up with regular batteries. I know it's better for the environment to use rechargeable batteries, and easier on my bank account, but for some reason I don't even know, I've just never done it.

I filled a whole milk gallon of batteries alone from using my Xbox 360 through the years and Wii, and its still not all the batteries that I've used. About 2 years ago I purchased a rechargeable battery pack that worked for Wii, PS3 and Xbox 360 for 10 bucks, it came with two packs but only one worked but it was fine for me since I mostly play single player games, the problem is when I play with my friends but nowadays we just play on PS4s and its mostly online or everybody brings their own controller if we are hanging out.

These days I tend to prefer the rechargeable everything. So if the device has the USB port for charging. Or say for the power IN then that should take care of the device for long enough for me. I prefer not to make use of the disposable devices which go out after one use. It seems like too much money in that context. 

On 3/29/2019 at 11:47 AM, Bravosi said:

I hate both options, actually. But I guess rechargable batteries is better.

Fully agree with you there. It's better for the environment too but rechargeable batteries can come with a higher cost but may be worth it in the long run. 

Which is your preference? 

4 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

I usually buy disposable batteries. It seems like they last a lot longer without needing to be charged, and I don't have a lot of free outlets in the house. I literally have ... two wall outlets in my entire home, and a bunch of power strips.

You could do with a surge protector so that way you can plug in more devices/appliances/whatever else.

On 3/29/2019 at 5:17 PM, Bravosi said:

I hate both options, actually. But I guess rechargable batteries is better.

When power goes out then one of the two options need to be there. Considering disposable eats a lot of money on regular basis. Then rechargeable is the way to go in that context as well. Rechargeable is need these days.