Register Now
DylanC

Have you got any platinum trophies?

I do like collecting trophies (I know, I’m weird). I’ve accrued 25 platinum trophies over the course of my gaming life from PS3/PS Vita/PS4. These include Dead Space, Uncharted 2, Minecraft (PS3/Vita/PS4), Telltale’s The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us, Sound Shapes, Life Is Strange, Minecraft Story Mode, Resistance Burning Skies, Hotline Miami, and a few more I can’t remember off the top of my head.

Do you have any platinum trophies? What games did you achieve platinum trophies in? Was it difficult or easy?

On 3/28/2019 at 11:49 AM, DylanC said:

I do like collecting trophies (I know, I’m weird). I’ve accrued 25 platinum trophies over the course of my gaming life from PS3/PS Vita/PS4. These include Dead Space, Uncharted 2, Minecraft (PS3/Vita/PS4), Telltale’s The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us, Sound Shapes, Life Is Strange, Minecraft Story Mode, Resistance Burning Skies, Hotline Miami, and a few more I can’t remember off the top of my head.

Do you have any platinum trophies? What games did you achieve platinum trophies in? Was it difficult or easy?

What is it with you and in-game trophies? 😂 To be honest, I'm not really even sure because I don't normally focus on stuff like that.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

What is it with you and in-game trophies? 😂 To be honest, I'm not really even sure because I don't normally focus on stuff like that.

I think it’s the fact that I’m a hoarder of pointless knick-knacks that makes me susceptible to things like trophies/collectathons. Totally understand that it’s not for everyone. It’s ridiculous, really. I think I’m better than I used to be (used to religiously have to unlock a trophy and achievement at least once everyday, lol)

Edited by DylanC

6 hours ago, Heatman said:

When you are so committed to gaming, you will definitely be pushed to win more in game trophies. I have so many already and I'm still not taking a break from beating my previous game records. 

I understand where you both are coming from but my approach is very different - I don't really care about the trophies because all I care about is having fun.

On 4/2/2019 at 7:37 PM, killamch89 said:

This is me too. I mean, it's not that I find it strange exactly. It's just that I literally don't grasp the appeal. But I suspect in a way it's related to my compulsive need to search every corner of every room in a game to make sure I've found everything in it. For those who must collect trophies, they need to because they are there to be collected.

17 minutes ago, StaceyPowers said:

This is me too. I mean, it's not that I find it strange exactly. It's just that I literally don't grasp the appeal. But I suspect in a way it's related to my compulsive need to search every corner of every room in a game to make sure I've found everything in it. For those who must collect trophies, they need to because they are there to be collected.

I feel adding stuff like collect trophies to my priority list when playing games kind of takes the appeal out of playing games for fun.

21 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I feel adding stuff like collect trophies to my priority list when playing games kind of takes the appeal out of playing games for fun.

Yeah, it just doesn't appeal to me personally. And something to do with it being an out-of-character accomplishment. Usually I aim for full immersion while gaming, so stuff that's external to my character isn't going to register with me.

4 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

Yeah, it just doesn't appeal to me personally. And something to do with it being an out-of-character accomplishment. Usually I aim for full immersion while gaming, so stuff that's external to my character isn't going to register with me.

Immersion is pretty important as well because the game would never be appealing to you enough to continuously play it.

On 4/6/2019 at 11:57 PM, StaceyPowers said:

It's basically just a fun meta-game. It's nice having something to show when you work hard at beating a game. It's like a game within a game.

On 4/11/2019 at 11:19 AM, DylanC said:

It's basically just a fun meta-game. It's nice having something to show when you work hard at beating a game. It's like a game within a game.

I never thought about it like that before. I suppose I feel that way a bit about the challenges in RDR like "kill 5 wolves with 5 knives" or whatever.There's no in-game reason to be doing that, but it's fun.

Edited by StaceyPowers

On 4/13/2019 at 11:09 PM, StaceyPowers said:

I never thought about it like that before. I suppose I feel that way a bit about the challenges in RDR like "kill 5 wolves with 5 knives" or whatever.There's no in-game reason to be doing that, but it's fun.

That’s exactly what it’s like. It’s satsfying seeing everything the game has to offer and ticking off all the challenges one by one.