Register Now
kingpotato

New update on minecraft removes the name of its creator

I dont like Minecraft, but these news caught my attention. A new update on minecraft removes the name of its creator "Notch" , as it turns out the guy made some tweets that offended some users and thats why most of the gaming community doesnt like him. To be more specific he made some tweets related to alt-right groups like "Its okay to be white" and "Heterosexual Pride Day". Truth is he sold the game to Microsoft and he no longer works on the game so Microsoft has the right to do whatever they like with Minecraft. 

But in retrospective isnt the internet supposed to be a place of free speech ? I dont agree with the guy or his views but then again its not a crime to make those statements. It feels like the internet is loosing its free speech everyday.

12 hours ago, kingpotato said:

I dont like Minecraft, but these news caught my attention. A new update on minecraft removes the name of its creator "Notch" , as it turns out the guy made some tweets that offended some users and thats why most of the gaming community doesnt like him. To be more specific he made some tweets related to alt-right groups like "Its okay to be white" and "Heterosexual Pride Day". Truth is he sold the game to Microsoft and he no longer works on the game so Microsoft has the right to do whatever they like with Minecraft. 

But in retrospective isnt the internet supposed to be a place of free speech ? I dont agree with the guy or his views but then again its not a crime to make those statements. It feels like the internet is loosing its free speech everyday.

King, this is something our entire nation needs to learn and if you really live in Mexico, you know what I am talking about.

Freedom of Speech =/= Freedom of consequence.

On 3/29/2019 at 2:37 AM, UleTheVee said:

King, this is something our entire nation needs to learn and if you really live in Mexico, you know what I am talking about.

Freedom of Speech =/= Freedom of consequence.

True but I feel that the community overacted, then again that how its always been.

14 hours ago, kingpotato said:

True but I feel that the community overacted, then again that how its always been.

On 3/31/2019 at 3:33 AM, Bravosi said:

I don't get it, he sold his game to someone else? I haven't been following the news lately.

Bravo also brings a good point. Notch sold the rights for Minecraft to Microsoft/Mojang. So they can do whatever they feel like, including removing references to Notch. The motive behind the deletion could very well be non-political so much as it's an outdated reference.

8 hours ago, UleTheVee said:

Bravo also brings a good point. Notch sold the rights for Minecraft to Microsoft/Mojang. So they can do whatever they feel like, including removing references to Notch. The motive behind the deletion could very well be non-political so much as it's an outdated reference.

Na I think it did had to do with the political issues, but who knows, as stated Microsoft can do whatever they like with the game.

Unfortunately, political correctness is already beginning to devour the children of their own revolution. Since they bought the game, they have the right to do whatever they want with it. I will try to not buy their products for this.

On 4/5/2019 at 5:56 AM, Regov said:

Unfortunately, political correctness is already beginning to devour the children of their own revolution. Since they bought the game, they have the right to do whatever they want with it. I will try to not buy their products for this.

Trust me, this political correctness BS is what will end us all. The truth is viewed as hate because it is not what they want to hear.