Register Now
Jayson

The Fall of Post-2000 Music

As noted in some other rants, it seems like nothing is good now in rock, pop, or rap.  There are no super-groups as in the past.  It just seems that way!  O.K. what is to blame?  Well, could it be music downloads?  I mean, it takes away the incentive to make music - as it just isn't the same as before the internet took over.

On 3/28/2019 at 8:37 PM, Jayson said:

As noted in some other rants, it seems like nothing is good now in rock, pop, or rap.  There are no super-groups as in the past.  It just seems that way!  O.K. what is to blame?  Well, could it be music downloads?  I mean, it takes away the incentive to make music - as it just isn't the same as before the internet took over.

I hardly listen to any of the songs released nowadays unless it is from established acts. They just keep pumping out this crappy, lifeless, talentless shitshow and call it music - I'm starting sound like my parents complaining about the lack of original music nowadays.

On 3/28/2019 at 7:37 PM, Jayson said:

On 4/4/2019 at 10:33 PM, killamch89 said:

I hardly listen to any of the songs released nowadays unless it is from established acts. They just keep pumping out this crappy, lifeless, talentless shitshow and call it music - I'm starting sound like my parents complaining about the lack of original music nowadays.

You guys need to be introduced to the magnificent world of "Indie Musicians who Are Worth Their Salt"

Seriously, a lot of songs from nowadays are amazing and created by worthwhile creators. Newgrounds saw a lot of that talent flow and be created.

Also. If you say that post-2000 songs are bad, you're telling me that Breaking Benjamin, Apocalyptica, and Velvet Revolver are bad. Which... How dare you.

Disturbed, Linkin Park, Breaking Benjamin, Static-X, Hatebreed, Boondox, Twiztid, Tech N9ne, BAD MiND

A few favorites from my favorite 2 genres. Metal and rap. Disturbed can do no wrong pure and simple. And you would be hard pressed to show me a wrong by anyone else I listed.

Edited by The Blackangel

On 4/26/2019 at 1:52 PM, Alyxx said:

Well thanks for saying my music is bad.

Well, I'm not because I still believe your music is solid

On 4/26/2019 at 11:02 PM, The Blackangel said:

Disturbed, Linkin Park, Breaking Benjamin, Static-X, Hatebreed, Boondox, Twiztid, Tech N9ne, BAD MiND

A few favorites from my favorite 2 genres. Metal and rap. Disturbed can do no wrong pure and simple. And you would be hard pressed to show me a wrong by anyone else I listed.

FUCKING WORD.

On 4/26/2019 at 11:02 PM, The Blackangel said:

I sometimes like to put on some Biggie or Tupac to have my house rocking.

On 1/1/2021 at 3:57 AM, Peterlight said:

I can't seems to get over gangnam style and party rock, they just kind of pull me up if you know the feeling.

Anything is better than all this music about taking drugs especially codeine which can result in severe liver damage among other terrible effects on the body.