Register Now
UleTheVee

Skill or Ease?

Skill by far. If it's just handed to me then I see no point in playing. I want to have to learn what I'm supposed to do, and how I'm supposed to do it. If every item I need to beat the game is right there for me to pick up and the door beyond that is the boss and all he does is stand there and take my attacks like wuss, then I haven't accomplished a damn thing. Now if I have played a game so many times that I know the entire game inside out, upside down, and backwards then that's a different story. It's still a fun game to play, but not a real challenge anymore. But that's because of acquired skill. I'm like that with The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past.

Seriously, if the game is an easy play task breeze, I would only play it just once. I might actually end up not completing the game because it's going to be a boring game act and I have more important games to play. 

Just now, kingpotato said:

Skill, its so rewarding when you go from dumb noob to hardcore pro.

Completely agree with you. No matter what it is, most people will learn the hard way in life through there mistakes. Failure and Practice is what makes us improve and become more skilled as gamers. Do you agree?

3 hours ago, xXInfectedXx said:

Completely agree with you. No matter what it is, most people will learn the hard way in life through there mistakes. Failure and Practice is what makes us improve and become more skilled as gamers. Do you agree?

Damn right, Failure and practice is what makes us better gamers.

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

That's probably why I always took a liking to games like Dark Souls and DMC because it took legitimate skill to beat these games.

So true, I remember when I used to play DMC 3 back in the day, practice practice and practice is what allowed me to go through that game

1 minute ago, kingpotato said:

Damn right, Failure and practice is what makes us better gamers.

So true, I remember when I used to play DMC 3 back in the day, practice practice and practice is what allowed me to go through that game

I play most games on the toughest difficulty even when I don't know how to play the game XD. DMC is always a pain on "Dante Must Die" - it's the only game mode I know that is harder than any Dark Souls game I've played so far.