Register Now
Jayson

Nintendo Games You Cannot Understand

Two that I wished I understood were Paper Mario and Super Mario Sunshine.  Anyway, I'm sure there are YouTube cheats for them - so maybe I will reattempt them someday.  OK, what games have you struggled with to the point - you simply cannot do them!

I actually love both of those games, especially Sunshine which I know like the back of my hand, haha.

I can't bring myself to finish Donkey Kong 64. The world is so enormous and there are so many collectibles that can only be earned by specific characters that it's overwhelming. I've been meaning to finish it since it came out in 1999. I was in fourth grade when it came out! And yet it's still nagging at me to this day.

But I will beat it someday. It'll probably be the last game I beat while I'm on my deathbed.

There's something about Breath of the Wild that doesn't quite click with me either. Don't get me wrong I very much like the game and am enjoying it when I play, but there's something missing. I think it's because despite the game being so big, I feel really lonely in it. I can run into other people if I really try, but I think I was just expecting more from how loud everyone was about it. 

On 8/15/2018 at 4:46 PM, ApolloVI said:

I can't bring myself to finish Donkey Kong 64. The world is so enormous and there are so many collectibles that can only be earned by specific characters that it's overwhelming. I've been meaning to finish it since it came out in 1999. I was in fourth grade when it came out! And yet it's still nagging at me to this day.

But I will beat it someday. It'll probably be the last game I beat while I'm on my deathbed.

Yeah, it has a lot of things tough to beat.  Nonetheless, I can at least understand it enough to really enjoy it.  Now, on the ones I speak of, I found at least Paper Mario to be boring!

Edited by Jayson

6 hours ago, Katri Marcell said:

The whole array of Mario games doesnt click to me. Mario Kart is ok but why release a tennis game, a party game etc only about him? Make them like Super Smash and we'll all be happy hahaha

That is actually a good point. I don't get why so much is focused around him with the vast array of characters they can pull from.

I'm pretty sure there was a Mario Golf(?) also at some point, or am I making that up?

3 minutes ago, MegaphoneStallone said:

That is actually a good point. I don't get why so much is focused around him with the vast array of characters they can pull from.

I'm pretty sure there was a Mario Golf(?) also at some point, or am I making that up?

Hotel mario, Dr mario, Baseball mario, Kazino mario, golf mario (yes you remember correct)... It just gets annoying at some point 😛

1 minute ago, MegaphoneStallone said:

Okay, I like Mario Party as much as the next guy...But there's 11 of them?

That's overkill.

HAHAHAHA I didn't count them. Really?? That's waaay to much. And pricing them 40$? For reused textures and models? I love my Switch but no, Mario Kart is enough for me Nintendo!