Register Now
Alexander.

What's your favourite game soundtrack

My all-time favorite game soundtrack is Skyrim. It impresses me because it achieves its purpose so well. It is atmospheric and fits well with the landscapes and the sense of “journeying.” It is interesting and memorable, but it never is “annoying” or intrusive. Even though I have heard the songs over and over and over, they do not get stuck in my head, which I really appreciate.

On 3/30/2019 at 5:54 PM, StaceyPowers said:

My all-time favorite game soundtrack is Skyrim. It impresses me because it achieves its purpose so well. It is atmospheric and fits well with the landscapes and the sense of “journeying.” It is interesting and memorable, but it never is “annoying” or intrusive. Even though I have heard the songs over and over and over, they do not get stuck in my head, which I really appreciate.

Skyrim is one of my favorites as well and the soundtrack is definitely not intrusive. I would say GTA 5 because they always play classic hits and I also like the radio talk shows.

17 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Skyrim is one of my favorites as well and the soundtrack is definitely not intrusive. I would say GTA 5 because they always play classic hits and I also like the radio talk shows.

On that note, I should've also mentioned Fallout. I love the old songs on the radio!

Off the top of my head, my all-time favourite game soundtrack would either be Silent Hill 2 or FTL. The former for its dread-inducing atmosphere, and the latter for really hitting that space ambient tone the game so ardently strives for. I do adore the Skyrim and Fallout soundtracks, too, though.

30 minutes ago, DylanC said:

Off the top of my head, my all-time favourite game soundtrack would either be Silent Hill 2 or FTL. The former for its dread-inducing atmosphere, and the latter for really hitting that space ambient tone the game so ardently strives for. I do adore the Skyrim and Fallout soundtracks, too, though.

Have you ever listened to GTA V's soundtrack or the radio talk shows in-game? They play a lot of 90's/80's music and talk shows are hilarious!

10 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Have you ever listened to GTA V's soundtrack or the radio talk shows in-game? They play a lot of 90's/80's music and talk shows are hilarious!

The last GTA I really played was San Andreas and I LOVED the soundtrack! Cruising around the city, sunset in the backdrop, with the wind in my hair, blazing Willie Nelson was the BEST.

35 minutes ago, DylanC said:

The last GTA I really played was San Andreas and I LOVED the soundtrack! Cruising around the city, sunset in the backdrop, with the wind in my hair, blazing Willie Nelson was the BEST.

Replace that with Michael Jackson and it's even more entertaining. They also have songs from Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, U2 - They even have an NWA song and some reggae/dancehall songs in-game as well.

32 minutes ago, TheSteelyardDweller said:

not just the music on the radio either. not a lot of people talk about the background music, but it's very soothing. kind of ... desolate but relaxing at the same time or something.

I don't know about relaxing but it gives a sense of hopelessness which is how most survivors would feel after surviving a nuclear explosion.