Register Now
DylanC

Best Video Game Pets?

Everyone loves a loveable cuddly pet as a companion in video games. Dogmeat from Fallout 3 springs to mind for me. I liked how he protected you and actually attacked enemies. Only drawback was he could die way too easily.

What pets do you have fond memories of in video games?

On 3/30/2019 at 2:59 PM, StaceyPowers said:

@DylanC Dogmeat!!! I actually found he stayed alive better than some of my other companions, like Charon.

I also love Meeko and Vigilance in Skyrim, and …. Er, Barbas, in a way. He’s such a pain, but I can’t bring myself to get rid of him.

Can Odahving be considered a pet because he was good at burning stuff and swatting enemies away? Not to mention -  he was your personal dragon! Why can't I have one of those?😭

Edited by killamch89

18 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Can Odahving be considered a pet because he was good at burning stuff and swatting enemies away? Not to mention -  he was your personal dragon! Why can't I have one of those?😭

Good point! On that note, is Odahving immune to dying? I always worry about protecting him like my other pets, lol.

3 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

Good point! On that note, is Odahving immune to dying? I always worry about protecting him like my other pets, lol.

Odahving is a tough one so you don't really need to worry about him. Quite frankly, I'm more worried when an NPC accidentally hits me when he is around because I just know they're going to regret it.

20 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Odahving is a tough one so you don't really need to worry about him. Quite frankly, I'm more worried when an NPC accidentally hits me when he is around because I just know they're going to regret it.

True. He fries a lot of chickens.

14 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I wish you could order him around like your followers but he's a dragon so he won't listen...

I suspect he thinks of the Dragonborn more as being his pet rather than vice versa.

Now, the one I wish I could order around is Barbas. But he's not a "real" follower, so there's no way to tell him to stay. He's great as a tank, but he drives me insane knocking shit over in my house.

9 hours ago, LadyDay said:

All the pets in The Sims 3 and 4. 🙂 

I've never played The Sims!

@Alyxx @SpaceExplorer @kingpotato Any favorite video game pets?

Edited by StaceyPowers

• Bloodwing (Borderlands)
  • Dogmeat (Fallout 4)
  • Riley (Call of Duty: Ghosts)
  • Boomer (Far Cry 5)
  • Yoshi (Super Mario World)
  • Pretty much every Pokémon (with some exceptions)
  • Blob (A Boy and his Blob)
  • Space Hamster (Mass Effect games)
  • RushJet (Mega Man III)
  • Winston (Tomb Raider II)
  • Dinky Dee (Mad Max)
  • Hiphop (Jazz Jackrabbit & Jazz Jackrabbit 2)
  • Rambi (Donkey Kong Country)
  • Dog (Half-Life 2)
  • Blood Dragon (Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon)

Good choices. I considered Yoshi and blob, but couldn't decide if they really counted as pets or not. Mega Man never even entered my mind. Probably because everything in it is mechanical. Neither did DKC. I'll have to look thru my list and see if I have any others that I can add.