Register Now
DylanC

Games you regret buying

34 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

There’s a Castlevania on N64, and two on PS3. They’re 3D but still pretty sweet games.

I played those games and they were decent especially the one on the N64 but lord of shadows and the sequel wasn't really that good at all. I mean the gameplay was alright but the games strayed far away from the original lore into some crappy alternate reality thing. That is one of the main reasons most of the castlevania fans including myself never really liked those 2 games.

5 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Unpopular opinion here

I didnt liked the original castlevania games that much, they are good but the only one I actually enjoyed was symphony of the night. I've never played a 3d castlevenia game as well.

Have you ever played Aria Of Sorrow For the GBA? It is in my top 5 in terms of Castlevania games every played... SOTN is definitely number one for me as well because this was one of the first times we ever got to play as Alucard and Alucard is an absolute beast!

33 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Have you ever played Aria Of Sorrow For the GBA? It is in my top 5 in terms of Castlevania games every played... SOTN is definitely number one for me as well because this was one of the first times we ever got to play as Alucard and Alucard is an absolute beast!

Oh yeah I did played Aria of sorrow and Dawn of sorrow on the DS but SOTN was the one I enjoyed the most.

17 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I think it’s in the same boat as Zelda 2, for the reasoning behind the hate it got. It’s considered one of the most difficult Castlevania games. At least from the era. That’s why a lot of people hated Zelda 2. It was too difficult. 

Nowadays, I learn to appreciate such games because most of the games created in this era are ridiculously easy for the most part and they hardly have any longevity because of that.

Edited by killamch89

42 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Nowadays, I learn to appreciate such games because most of the games created in this era are ridiculously easy for the most part and they hardly have any longevity because of that.

Well Zelda 2 was ridiculously hard, they kinda over did it.

44 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Well Zelda 2 was ridiculously hard, they kinda over did it.

I remembered how ridiculously frustrating it was playing Zelda 2 but I could do with more of those nowadays but then again I also like Dark Souls and Monster Hunter so I am always up for a good challenge.

I loved Zelda 2 from launch. The difficulty pissed me off constantly, but it was also what kept me coming back to the game. The determination to beat it kept me playing until I finally kicked Shadow Links ass. That was the greatest, and only feeling of accomplishment I ever had in my entire childhood.

Edited by The Blackangel