Register Now
DC

VGR Forum Wants Your Feedback

Hi!

First of all, a huge thank-you to everybody here on VGR forum. There have been a lot of great conversations taking place, and we’ve got a real tight-knit community here. That’s not something you see everyday on the web, so your participation means a lot.

If possible, I want to make VGR forum even better. To do that, I want to hear from you about your forum experience.

I welcome your feedback on any and all topics, but here are some specific questions I have for you:

1. Do you like the forums and sub-forums the way they are set up? Are they easy to navigate?
  2. Are there any features you’d like to add or remove?
  3. Would you like to see features like being able to list your PSN username (for example) on your Profile or a VGR free-to-play arcade?
  4. Do you like the look and feel of the forum?
  5. Is it easy to create new topics? Do you experience any errors when you use the forum?
  6. Are you happy with the culture and policies on VGR forum? Do you feel welcome and included?

Once again, I really appreciate your participation and your feedback. Thank you so much for being a part of the VGR community!

@killamch89 @UleTheVee@The Blackangel @LadyDay @StaceyPowers @DylanC @xXInfectedXx @kingpotato @mont86 @Herschie @iddy1994 @italianmunchiez @Matt Morgans

1. Yes, they seem good how they are.

One thing I’ll say please don’t do is that thing that happens on other forums where there is a Single thread for all eternity on a specific game, and everything just gets tacked onto it. There’s no way to tell at a glance what people are talking about, and the thread of conversation wanders more aimlessly. I much prefer the system as we have it here.

2. Not off the top of my head.

3. That sounds cool! Maybe we could list our Discord IDs as well?

4. Yes, especially the colors.

5. No issues.

6. Yes, this is one of the best things about VGR! I feel like people here are more positive and constructive, and more focused on what they love than on what they hate. That is super refreshing!

7 hours ago, DC said:

1. Do you like the forums and sub-forums the way they are set up? Are they easy to navigate?
  3. Would you like to see features like being able to list your PSN username (for example) on your Profile or a VGR free-to-play arcade?
  5. Is it easy to create new topics? Do you experience any errors when you use the forum?
  6. Are you happy with the culture and policies on VGR forum? Do you feel welcome and included?

1. I do like them and I do find them easy to navigate
  2. I would definitely have a "Highlights" section where we see what users have been discussing about as of late. Also something that gives more emphasis to longer posts rather than shorter ones
  3. Absolutely
  4. Yes
  5. I keep having issues creating Polls but.. Eh
  6. Yes, Yes.

8 hours ago, DC said:

Hi!

First of all, a huge thank-you to everybody here on VGR forum. There have been a lot of great conversations taking place, and we’ve got a real tight-knit community here. That’s not something you see everyday on the web, so your participation means a lot.

If possible, I want to make VGR forum even better. To do that, I want to hear from you about your forum experience.

I welcome your feedback on any and all topics, but here are some specific questions I have for you:

Once again, I really appreciate your participation and your feedback. Thank you so much for being a part of the VGR community!

@killamch89 @UleTheVee@The Blackangel @LadyDay @StaceyPowers @DylanC @xXInfectedXx @kingpotato @mont86 @Herschie @iddy1994 @italianmunchiez @Matt Morgans

1. I don't have any issues with the navigation of the forums it's quite easy and straight forward

2. I can't think of any features at the moment but if I do think of anything then I will let you know

3. Personally I'm not really fussed about the whole PSN thing if you have it or not it doesn't bother me too much

4. Yeah I like the look and feel of the forum, everyone gets along very well with no issues that i've personally seen

5.yeah I'd say it is, it's just coming up with an interesting title that's all

6. Everyone tends to get along with no issues, its like a strange family on here

13 hours ago, DC said:

Do you like the forums and sub-forums the way they are set up? Are they easy to navigate?

Yes. Everything is straight forward.

13 hours ago, DC said:

Are there any features you’d like to add or remove?

I haven't been here long enough to notice that.

13 hours ago, DC said:

Would you like to see features like being able to list your PSN username (for example) on your Profile or a VGR free-to-play arcade?

Dunno.

13 hours ago, DC said:

Do you like the look and feel of the forum?

Yes. It's approachable and simple.

13 hours ago, DC said:

Is it easy to create new topics? Do you experience any errors when you use the forum?

Yes, it was easy and I didn't experience any errors.

13 hours ago, DC said:

Are you happy with the culture and policies on VGR forum? Do you feel welcome and included?

Yes, very. Especially @StaceyPowers has been wonderful. She's a big asset.

Do you like the forums and sub-forums the way they are set up? Are they easy to navigate?Yes. I've been to other forums with this layout, so I'm familiar with it.

Are there any features you’d like to add or remove?Maybe enable the albums. I think it would be interesting.

Would you like to see features like being able to list your PSN username (for example) on your Profile or a VGR free-to-play arcade?I can't say either way, since I don't actually have a PSN account. A free-to-play arcade would be cool though.

Do you like the look and feel of the forum?Yes. It's a lot better than the default white background and blue lettering.

Is it easy to create new topics? Do you experience any errors when you use the forum?Very easy actually. My only complaint, is that I would like to be able to preview my post before I post it. If I just missed it, or it's not there that could be one thing to look into.

Are you happy with the culture and policies on VGR forum? Do you feel welcome and included?Yes. Everything is laid back. No one freaks out over graphic language unless it's off the wall offensive. It's just a good place to kick back, kick off your shoes, and relax. Also there's not many gaming forums online, and most of them are pure shit and/or catering to only one brans (Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo, etc.). Which is annoying as hell. Here you include everything. It's very well done.

A great community for Gamers. I can't complain or give you any criticism regarding your forum. There has been some interesting discussions and you don't see this on every gaming forum. We as a community feel like a real family, weirdly.

This is what makes VGR forums unique and individual

Edited by xXInfectedXx

Just letting everyone know that I am checking this thread and the feedback is greatly appreciated. Please let us know what else we can do to further improve VGR.

1. The forums and sub-forums are very easy to navigate.
  2. None that I can think of at the moment.
  3. The arcade sounds like a neat idea.
  4. Yes, I like the look of the forum - way better than some of the default white backgrounds you find on other gaming forums.
  5. It is very simple to create topics.
  6. The culture is fine and nowhere as toxic as other gaming forums I have been on in the past.

1) Great setup of the forums and very easy to navigate around.

2) Made a thread on postbit awards which would be great to see.

3) Yea that would be a great feature to add. 

4) Great and simple theme.

5) Definitely easy to create content on here.

6) A nice community that I hope to be apart of.

6 hours ago, Techno said:

Every time I get on this site, The exact same video ad plays. I get it, the site needs to earn money, but I have never been so annoyed as I am right now, I have to listen to the exact same thing every time.

Please, at least bring in different ads.

The video add is annoying, not because of the video but because of the noise!  If you close the video add without muting it first the audio just continues to play.  The video isn't easy to mute either, especially on Android.  I try to hit the tiny mute button and it's 50/50 between actually muting it and it loading up the add link in another tab.  When I then close the new tab (on Chrome for Android at least) there's a "Closed new tab.....   UNDO" footer at the bottom of the screen that blocks the mute button!  So I gotta wait for that to go away before I can even attempt to mute it again and then another new as link tab opens..... It's really frustrating.  I understand that adds pay bills but if you could fix it so the add always opens muted by default that would make a huge difference.

I have no issue on my iPhone with the ad. On my computer both the ad comes up somewhat frequently but it always comes up already muted. One quick click and it's gone until I go to another page. So for though, I can't remember having seen it even once on my phone though. Then again, my memory is pure shit, so that is a factor.

It is too annoying when I'm using chrome browser, but with opera mini, it isn't annoying like that. I've reverted to using my opera mini browser and it has helped me reduce its annoying nature by muting it somehow. The video runs with less noise, that's how it should be. I understand that forum Admin makes money running the video ad, that's why I never blocked anything like that. It will keep on running provided that Admin keeps benefiting from it. 

Edited by Head_Hunter