Register Now
DylanC

Would you buy an all digital console?

Would you buy an all digital console?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy an all digital console?

• Yes
    • No

On 3/31/2019 at 9:25 AM, DylanC said:

Out of curiosity, wound you purchase an all digital console?

No. What happens if my Internet crashed for more than 12 hours or let's say I have a slow connection due to my Broadband package? A digital console wouldn't work out so well as there would be no ability to play offline.

My personal preference is Physical Copies of computer games anyway, so I'd rather have a normal console as then I can have the best of both. 

Edited by xXInfectedXx

On 4/2/2019 at 4:22 AM, killamch89 said:

I wouldn't be to be honest because as others have said here, what happens if your internet connection goes...then you will have to go outside. Nobody wants to go outside! - Nobody! 🤣

Or play a console with physical games...

2 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

It is the reason Microsoft is making that new Xbox One which is essentially an underpowered gaming PC with no drive at all.

Which sounds stupid as heck...

Nope. What everyone said about "what if the internet crashes" is a valid point. But for me it's also about ownership and consumer empowerment. Once things are totally digital, they turn into subscription services. 

I really like to just ... buy a thing, and then own it, and play it whenever I want for however long I want as often as I want with no continuous drain of money.

30 minutes ago, StaceyPowers said:

Nope. What everyone said about "what if the internet crashes" is a valid point. But for me it's also about ownership and consumer empowerment. Once things are totally digital, they turn into subscription services. 

I really like to just ... buy a thing, and then own it, and play it whenever I want for however long I want as often as I want with no continuous drain of money.

Fair point there but gaming is heading in a digital direction(which I don't support either but the train has already been set in motion...).

9 hours ago, UleTheVee said:

I would because I almost see no point on having the disc drive anymore.

A driveless Xbox is just a ridiculously underpowered, overpriced PC and nobody will by that. You might as well get a gaming PC - even a budget gaming PC runs circles around any console.

22 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Fair point there but gaming is heading in a digital direction(which I don't support either but the train has already been set in motion...).

A driveless Xbox is just a ridiculously underpowered, overpriced PC and nobody will by that. You might as well get a gaming PC - even a budget gaming PC runs circles around any console.

That may be true, but it’s not going to stop me from complaining about it. I can still oppose the train in a paltry attempt to slow it down or stop it.

@LadyDay @SpaceExplorer @The Blackangel Where do you weigh in on this topic?