Register Now
DylanC

Would you buy an all digital console?

Would you buy an all digital console?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy an all digital console?

• Yes
    • No

On 4/1/2019 at 10:54 PM, Nightless_MooN said:

nope have verry slow internet so no xD

Slow internet connection is really an aching problem for most gamers. It gets so bad with people who don't have free Wi-Fi to use for their gaming activities. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

Slow internet connection is really an aching problem for most gamers. It gets so bad with people who don't have free Wi-Fi to use for their gaming activities. 

Do you have a wireless router at home because my internet provider gave me one straight out of the box.

9 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

That may be true, but it’s not going to stop me from complaining about it. I can still oppose the train in a paltry attempt to slow it down or stop it.

@LadyDay @SpaceExplorer @The Blackangel Where do you weigh in on this topic?

I'm not sure i can weigh in with much. I don't know what a digital console is? And I play PC.

I can have an opinion on digital versus physical copies of games. I'm possibly a hypocrite, to my own detriment. I in principle like physical copies of games. That means actually owning the game, not just the right to use the game. However, in practice I always buy digital copies of games (I actually have a load of games, I just haven't played them much - Except from the Sims and now Skyrim, and a bit of Left4Dead, Portal and Borderlands. I have a lot of games I haven't played.). One reason is that it gets me the game right away, rather than having to buy the physical game online, then having the game shipped. And I'm unfortunately not a patient person. The shops likely don't have the game I want in stock, they only have a limited selection. The other reason is that physical games take up a ton of space. I already have a loooong (as long as the good sized room) shelf full of games. I don't have it in me to chuck out the box and put the disks in plastic sleeves instead. And as long as the game is installed I can play it offline anyway.

Edited by LadyDay

14 hours ago, LadyDay said:

I'm not sure i can weigh in with much. I don't know what a digital console is? And I play PC.

I can have an opinion on digital versus physical copies of games. I'm possibly a hypocrite, to my own detriment. I in principle like physical copies of games. That means actually owning the game, not just the right to use the game. However, in practice I always buy digital copies of games (I actually have a load of games, I just haven't played them much - Except from the Sims and now Skyrim, and a bit of Left4Dead, Portal and Borderlands. I have a lot of games I haven't played.). One reason is that it gets me the game right away, rather than having to buy the physical game online, then having the game shipped. And I'm unfortunately not a patient person. The shops likely don't have the game I want in stock, they only have a limited selection. The other reason is that physical games take up a ton of space. I already have a loooong (as long as the good sized room) shelf full of games. I don't have it in me to chuck out the box and put the disks in plastic sleeves instead. And as long as the game is installed I can play it offline anyway.

I can (as usual) relate. I also vastly prefer physical over digital in principle, but my lack of physical space and occasional impatience (and nice deals online) mean I have a fair amount of digital content as well.

I do recommend popping in at local used video game stores now and again if you have any nearby! This saves money and gets you around shipping and impatience. You drop in, see something you want, and play it that night on a physical disc!

I'm torn between yes and no. On one hand, I really like the convenience of it, but on the other, there's just so many factors that wouldn't make it ideal, like slow internet, internet crash, etc. I can also see people like having their game collection on display near the console, which they wouldn't have with an all-digital console.

On 4/17/2019 at 12:34 AM, kingpotato said:

Apparently the price for the all digital Xbox console was leaked and it will cost around 250 dollars which is kinda dumb considering you can easily find a an Xbox one S brand new for that price or even less.

Aye, it's very overpriced, for sure. I'd rather buy an original Xbox One S, which comes with a 4k bu ray player and a game for LESS MONEY. 

It's also called the Xbox One S All Digital, which as an acronym becomes..... Xbox One SAD edition. Wow!! How did MS let that one slide by???

4 hours ago, DylanC said:

Aye, it's very overpriced, for sure. I'd rather buy an original Xbox One S, which comes with a 4k bu ray player and a game for LESS MONEY. 

It's also called the Xbox One S All Digital, which as an acronym becomes..... Xbox One SAD edition. Wow!! How did MS let that one slide by???

I find the decision even more bizarre seeing as according to credible sources, the next Gen Xbox console will be announced this year. Also on top of that, an Xbox One without a disc drive is just an extremely underpowered gaming PC.

8 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I find the decision even more bizarre seeing as according to credible sources, the next Gen Xbox console will be announced this year. Also on top of that, an Xbox One without a disc drive is just an extremely underpowered gaming PC.

It’s absolutely bonkers and is a sign that MS don’t know what the heck they’re doing atm. There’s just no point in buying that Xbox One SAD edition. Zero.

2 hours ago, DylanC said:

It’s absolutely bonkers and is a sign that MS don’t know what the heck they’re doing atm. There’s just no point in buying that Xbox One SAD edition. Zero.

I highly doubt anyone is going to buy it and they'll take a huge loss on it for sure.

10 hours ago, DylanC said:

Its definitely the saddest edition so far 😆