Register Now
DylanC

Would you buy an all digital console?

Would you buy an all digital console?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy an all digital console?

• Yes
    • No

I think we have to wait and see how the Stadia sort of the online cloud gaming. And we would surely see how that can change the gaming scenario. But it takes time though for us to see where the console industry is going. 

I bought a second hand PSP Go a few years back and thought it was novel that it was online-only. These days though, I’m sceptical a full-blown streaming console would work. I’m open for my mind to be changed, though.

I'm not sure how true this is but I read somewhere that Google Stadia console is going to cost $840 on top of the subscription fees per month to play games you purchased via the Stadia store which is absolutely ridiculous if true.

On 7/3/2019 at 7:08 PM, killamch89 said:

I'm not sure how true this is but I read somewhere that Google Stadia console is going to cost $840 on top of the subscription fees per month to play games you purchased via the Stadia store which is absolutely ridiculous if true.

$840!? That’s beyond ridiculous! If that’s the case nobody will want Stadia...

On 7/3/2019 at 7:08 PM, killamch89 said:

2 hours ago, DylanC said:

As I said, I'm not sure how true it is but the Stadia console could cost that much. If it does, that price will drop very quickly because 9/10 people aren't prepared to spend that especially on an all digital console.

On 4/6/2019 at 11:59 PM, StaceyPowers said:

Nope. What everyone said about "what if the internet crashes" is a valid point. But for me it's also about ownership and consumer empowerment. Once things are totally digital, they turn into subscription services. 

I really like to just ... buy a thing, and then own it, and play it whenever I want for however long I want as often as I want with no continuous drain of money.

Excellent points! Digitally, ownership becomes a slippery slope, for sure.

On 4/2/2019 at 3:22 AM, killamch89 said:

I wouldn't be to be honest because as others have said here, what happens if your internet connection goes...then you will have to go outside. Nobody wants to go outside! - Nobody! 🤣

I literally choked a little bit on my coffee while reading this! 😂 Bravo 👏