Register Now
killamch89

Favorite DMC character

The Devil May Cry series has always had very entertaining characters and those characters always tend to bring something unique to the series so it is difficult to choose a favorite. For me, Dante would be my favorite character. Now hear me out, I normally don't like the MC of video games, animes etc. because they are extremely boring and one-dimensional but Dante is very different. His ability to produce a hilarious line during even the direst of situations constantly amazes me and his laid-back attitude towards everything is very appealing. Add to that his feats throughout the series and you have a very well-written protagonist. I would like to hear your opinions on who is your favorite DMC character and why.

For me Virgil used to be favorite. He was the vilian. And he pretty much run the DMC. I know generally we are supposed to like dante. But I kind of like vilians. So I prefer virgin. Also the Nero's character seems to be good as they have developed so far. 

20 hours ago, skyfire said:

For me Virgil used to be favorite. He was the vilian. And he pretty much run the DMC. I know generally we are supposed to like dante. But I kind of like vilians. So I prefer virgin. Also the Nero's character seems to be good as they have developed so far. 

I am glad this game expanded upon Virgil's character because outside of DMC 3 which we got a bit of characterization about Virgil, we didn't know that much about outside of bits and pieces in the other games. I do like Virgil as a character as well and Virgil to me isn't a complete villain, he is more of an anti-hero but the rivalry between him and Dante is hilarious. Nero is coming along quite well and it seems Dante and Virgil passed the mantle to him. Fun fact - did you know that Nero's Voice actor is Ichigo's voice actor from bleach English dub.

It is weird because I picked up on that within 5 seconds of hearing him speak because Bleach is one of my favorite all-time animes.

On 4/2/2019 at 7:42 AM, killamch89 said:

I am glad this game expanded upon Virgil's character because outside of DMC 3 which we got a bit of characterization about Virgil, we didn't know that much about outside of bits and pieces in the other games. I do like Virgil as a character as well and Virgil to me isn't a complete villain, he is more of an anti-hero but the rivalry between him and Dante is hilarious. Nero is coming along quite well and it seems Dante and Virgil passed the mantle to him. Fun fact - did you know that Nero's Voice actor is Ichigo's voice actor from bleach English dub.

It is weird because I picked up on that within 5 seconds of hearing him speak because Bleach is one of my favorite all-time animes.

Before they introduced the Nero. The wiki says that the nero is kid of virgil and some deamoness. And it seems like he chooses to be on path of his uncle. And that backstory is not properly covered in games. I was not aware of the nero's voice actor. Good to know that it suited him properly. 

41 minutes ago, skyfire said:

Before they introduced the Nero. The wiki says that the nero is kid of virgil and some deamoness. And it seems like he chooses to be on path of his uncle. And that backstory is not properly covered in games. I was not aware of the nero's voice actor. Good to know that it suited him properly. 

Yes' he's a demon hunter just like Dante and Nero's backstory is quite vague and has always been. We don't even know who is his mother...

Yeah it's kind of hard to say if his mother is normal woman. I'd say she is demon or some sort of the sorcerer which fallen for virgin. I think backstory on the nero's arm is also not much clear. Because recent game does not even focus on that part.

On 4/26/2019 at 2:31 PM, skyfire said:

Yeah it's kind of hard to say if his mother is normal woman. I'd say she is demon or some sort of the sorcerer which fallen for virgin. I think backstory on the nero's arm is also not much clear. Because recent game does not even focus on that part.

In the game, I heard them mention that he was part-human so she may have been a regular human although that human side could have also come from Virgil.

12 hours ago, killamch89 said:

In the game, I heard them mention that he was part-human so she may have been a regular human although that human side could have also come from Virgil.

I thought that's because of experiments by The Order of The Sword. They all turned to demons eventually, like Credo, am I right?

On 5/6/2019 at 7:13 AM, killamch89 said:

According to Wikia, there is history that says that is a mix of the demon and the Virgil. I could be wrong though. And this could be fan edit. 

1 hour ago, skyfire said:

According to Wikia, there is history that says that is a mix of the demon and the Virgil. I could be wrong though. And this could be fan edit. 

Virgil and Dante are half demons and that has always been established in the lore.