Register Now
StaceyPowers

What games were you obsessed with as a kid?

When we are young, it seems to be easier to develop passionate obsessions (something about everything being novel to us, I suspect, and our developing identities). Were there games you were completely obsessed with when you were a kid, and thought about constantly? What were they, and why did they hook you?

I was crazy about Minecraft when I was a child. Don't even ask me how much of my time was devoted. I've lost count of how many hours I have played on Minecraft. 

This particular computer game has some fantastic gaming memories and was fun short term but personally ir soon became boring to play after a couple of months. 

Edited by xXInfectedXx

On 4/2/2019 at 12:46 PM, xXInfectedXx said:

I was crazy about Minecraft when I was a child. Don't even ask me how much of my time was devoted. I've lost count of how many hours I have played on Minecraft. 

This particular computer game has some fantastic gaming memories and was fun short term but personally ir soon became boring to play after a couple of months. 

Believe it or not, I have never played Minecraft. What made it become boring to you after a few months? 

Blaster Master. It's my absolute favorite game. So ungodly challenging, and severely unforgiving. But the headache and heartbreak you get when you're beat is worth it. The worlds get bigger and bigger, the bosses are hidden deeper and deeper, and to find the entrance to some levels you have to backtrack to previous levels. For example the entrance to level 4 is hidden in level 1.

A bitch of a game, next to impossible without a Game Genie, but either way a masterpiece.

15 hours ago, palemidnight25 said:

Aside from the early GTA series, I was most fond of Vigilante 8, a combat car game like Twisted Metal which is another that I like but I preferred Vigilante. It was just really fun, interactive and some ways ahead of its time. 

Yeah Twisted metal lml!!

12 hours ago, Alyxx said:

Duke Nukem

BlackThorne

Super Mario World

B.O.B.

Star Fox

Ahh, Blackthorne. Some kids I knew in HS before I dropped out introduced me to the game. I still play it like a fiend today, but sadly haven't beaten it yet. Oh well. I still love the game, beaten or not.

3 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Ahh, Blackthorne. Some kids I knew in HS before I dropped out introduced me to the game. I still play it like a fiend today, but sadly haven't beaten it yet. Oh well. I still love the game, beaten or not.

It's worth beating. The final boss is hella tough though.

You should try the boss on South Park on N64. It's a damn giant robot that can fully heal itself at will. Also for those that play the game, use the cheat code bobbybird. It unlocks literally everything. Invincibility, infinite ammo, all weapons, all characters, level select, everything. And it's all your choice whether you want to enable it or not.

10 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

You should try the boss on South Park on N64. It's a damn giant robot that can fully heal itself at will. Also for those that play the game, use the cheat code bobbybird. It unlocks literally everything. Invincibility, infinite ammo, all weapons, all characters, level select, everything. And it's all your choice whether you want to enable it or not.

Is Mr/Mrs. Garrison the mastermind behind everything in the game? No, wait, he's too stupid for that 🤣