Register Now
StaceyPowers

How likely is Stadia to succeed?

If it were to be Microsoft or any other game development company project, I'd have felt good about it. But the Google is known to dump the project. So I'd not trust much on their future and the success is also the thing about those projects makes me not trust them. I do hope that they may succeed as the tech is good offered in the demo. They should make stadia open source on that note. 

3 hours ago, skyfire said:

If it were to be Microsoft or any other game development company project, I'd have felt good about it. But the Google is known to dump the project. So I'd not trust much on their future and the success is also the thing about those projects makes me not trust them. I do hope that they may succeed as the tech is good offered in the demo. They should make stadia open source on that note. 

I never heard anyone mention open source in relation to this before. That's an interesting suggestion. Where do you think that might lead?

I have to agree with @skyfire because of Google's history of dumping projects that aren't profitable within the first 3 years - it can even be as early as 2 years. On top of that, Google always makes very big promises but tends to push out some half-assed solution that is way different from what they were promising so I have no faith in Google Stadia and I don't expect it to be very successful.

9 hours ago, skyfire said:

They won't make Stadia open source, but I agree with your first point - they'll play around with it for a few years before killing it off.

I think xCloud is poised for success, though.  Azure has been experiencing strong growth and they are getting ready for some very interesting moves RE: the xbox brand.

20 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

I never heard anyone mention open source in relation to this before. That's an interesting suggestion. Where do you think that might lead?

It'd allow other game companies to pick up on where the google left. And this way the project can continue to survive if the google decides to break it. just like they did with google plus and other projects. 

14 minutes ago, Alyxx said:

I'm not expecting it to be a huge success honestly, but we'll see.

It's going to crash and burn because all we have seen from it so far is what the Google Devs announced. There is no actual footage of Stadia in action - I'll go as far as to say this seems like the Apple Air-power all over again except this time it's Google.

Just now, killamch89 said:

It's going to crash and burn because all we have seen from it so far is what the Google Devs announced. There is no actual footage of Stadia in action - I'll go as far as to say this seems like the Apple Air-power all over again except this time it's Google.

Yeah I'll believe it when I see it.

14 hours ago, skyfire said:

It may work if the top game developers get into it say like ID software, blizzard and EAGames. Those three brands alone can do a lot of progress on that note. It may surely improve their popularity. 

Google hardly partners with other entities outside of the Government and maybe a collaborative effort with Facebook even now and then. Even then Blizzard and EA would have to see how this is benefiting them and if the technology actually works before you would get any kind of commitment from those companies.

Yes the reason they are not into open source of stadia. I think they want to try this one out for some other type of simulation games. I think there are many possibilities so it'd be better for the stadia to get open source because other companies can pick up and have better gaming experience out of the same.