Register Now
kingpotato

Popular games you haven't played

On 4/11/2019 at 1:33 AM, Executor Akamia said:

If I tried to list them all, I'd be here all night, honestly.

Instead, I'll list maybe 5.

• Fortnite
  • Apex Legends
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
  • Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2

Admittedly, that last one is pretty niche; it only really applies among RTS players like myself. Anyway, I've never played any of these. All of them have been wildly popular with people at one point or another. I still get people recommending I play KOTOR, even after I tell them I tried KOTOR II and got bored pretty early on before stopping. I may eventually cave and go for it one day. But I've more or less been avoiding the first three like the plague, mostly because I'm kinda sick of hearing about them. Though in Apex's case, I just don't want anything to do with EA games anymore. I'm not entirely sure I'd buy Titanfall 3 if it comes out, in spite of my weakness for giant robots that compelled me to buy the first two. Skyrim, I just don't care for the setting at all. Fortnite... Well, nothing about it really attracts me to it. It just comes across to me as completely and utterly uninteresting; I'd rather play Minecraft.

Don't worry mate, i have never and will never play Apex Legends because of what EA has done to the game.

On 8/31/2019 at 2:35 AM, skyfire said:

Elder Scrolls for me. I have yet to get my hands on it. I hope someday that I do. But there are lot of things on my list right now for that. 

Elder Scrolls needs to top that list - Believe me when i say that you'll get so hooked to it that 10 years down the line, you'll still be playing it.

On 9/10/2019 at 5:53 PM, killamch89 said:

You'll develop withdrawal symptoms if you don't play it for an extended period of time. Ask @StaceyPowers or @kingpotato

It's still so bizarre to me that console manufacturers don't want to recognize that 1-developers build games like these to entertain us forever, and 2-we are entertained, and want to keep playing them with backwards compatibility. 

On 9/14/2019 at 6:13 PM, StaceyPowers said:

It's still so bizarre to me that console manufacturers don't want to recognize that 1-developers build games like these to entertain us forever, and 2-we are entertained, and want to keep playing them with backwards compatibility. 

The video game industry nowadays does not care about longevity - it's all about making a quick buck off of consumers and milking them for every penny. If you constantly played one title for several years, then you wouldn't be spending at all.

9 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The video game industry nowadays does not care about longevity - it's all about making a quick buck off of consumers and milking them for every penny. If you constantly played one title for several years, then you wouldn't be spending at all.

Game developers must hate people like me then.

17 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I guess? I mean, I don't really function that way at all. I am still playing the same games I was years ago, but I also am regularly adding to my video game library. I want to explore new worlds and live new stories, I just don't want to give up the old ones.

22 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Well thats the whole point of the business, to sell their products constantly, the videogame market is at a point where there has to be something new every now and then to keep selling. Is really up to us if we decide to keep purchasing the new installments to keep up with the trend or maybe to keep up with the multiplayer games that are out. I still