Register Now
kingpotato

Popular games you haven't played

You can't trust anyone. Whether it's an individual, group, or corporation is irrelevant. Having faith in or trusting anyone will only cause you to get screwed. It's a short matter of time until you're abandoned and/or stabbed in the back. It's a fools wish. Don't let yourself get sucked in by lies and false promises. Save yourself the torment, and drop your faith in humanoid creatures.

Just now, The Blackangel said:

You can't trust anyone. Whether it's an individual, group, or corporation is irrelevant. Having faith in or trusting anyone will only cause you to get screwed. It's a short matter of time until you're abandoned and/or stabbed in the back. It's a fools wish. Don't let yourself get sucked in by lies and false promises. Save yourself the torment, and drop your faith in humanoid creatures.

nah I'm cool

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

nah I'm cool

Her point is kind of extreme but I remember saying the same about EA close to a decade ago when they first start putting microtransactions in Dead Space 3. I wrote it off as "just a blip" yet here we are in 2019 and they are absolutely destroying all their previously beloved games or ruining what is working in their favor.

5 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Her point is kind of extreme but I remember saying the same about EA close to a decade ago when they first start putting microtransactions in Dead Space 3. I wrote it off as "just a blip" yet here we are in 2019 and they are absolutely destroying all their previously beloved games or ruining what is working in their favor.

Here is the thing, I'm not a fan of any publisher or developer. I'm fan of the games and if the sequels end up being bad then "oh well" there are hundreds of other games. For example I'm a fan of Skyrim, I didnt liked morrowind nor Oblivion. So if TES6 ends up being bad then I can always go back to Skyrim.

2 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Here is the thing, I'm not a fan of any publisher or developer. I'm fan of the games and if the sequels end up being bad then "oh well" there are hundreds of other games. For example I'm a fan of Skyrim, I didnt liked morrowind nor Oblivion. So if TES6 ends up being bad then I can always go back to Skyrim.

I'll probably still be playing Skyrim in the next 5 years because it is still amazing even though the graphics are quite dated.

22 hours ago, Alyxx said:

I thought Fallout 4 was great. But how they've handled Fallout 76 makes me worried about their future.

Elder Scrolls Blades didn't exactly help either and as usual with Bethesda nowadays, the annual subscription launches completely broken.

10 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Elder Scrolls Blades didn't exactly help either and as usual with Bethesda nowadays, the annual subscription launches completely broken.

What brings me back to my point, Blades and F76 are mobile and mmo games. Aside from those when was the last time they actually fucked up on a single player game ? Doom was good, Fallout 4 good, WolfsteinĀ most of them are good except maybe Youngblood but then again that was a spinoff.Ā 

12 hours ago, kingpotato said:

What brings me back to my point, Blades and F76 are mobile and mmo games. Aside from those when was the last time they actually fucked up on a single player game ? Doom was good, Fallout 4 good, WolfsteinĀ most of them are good except maybe Youngblood but then again that was a spinoff.Ā 

Fallout 4 was decent at best and just like Skyrim has a lot of bugs and glitches which the modding community have managed to fix. As I've stated before, the success of most of their recent games were mainly due to the efforts of the modding community fixing their games post launch.

10 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Fallout 4 was decent at best and just like Skyrim has a lot of bugs and glitches which the modding community have managed to fix. As I've stated before, the success of most of their recent games were mainly due to the efforts of the modding community fixing their games post launch.

Then again, was Fallout 4 and Skyrim bad even without the mods ? my point is that their "main" franchises dont tend to be bad, so I dont think that they are going to fuck up. Blades and Fallout 76 are not priority or so it seems, and because of that they can try and add a lot of stuff like micro transactions and etc without having fear of backlash. Imagine if this happened on Fallout 4 or TES6, that will definitively sink their reputation even lower. I dont think that they are going to take that risk with TES6, they may create another game with micro transactions but its not going to be TES6

10 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Then again, was Fallout 4 and Skyrim bad even without the mods ? my point is that their "main" franchises dont tend to be bad, so I dont think that they are going to fuck up. Blades and Fallout 76 are not priority or so it seems, and because of that they can try and add a lot of stuff like micro transactions and etc without having fear of backlash. Imagine if this happened on Fallout 4 or TES6, that will definitively sink their reputation even lower. I dont think that they are going to take that risk with TES6, they may create another game with micro transactions but its not going to be TES6

Fallout 4 and Skyrim are slightly above average games without the mods and yes, we've seen them do things like this in the past with dlc horse armor for Oblivion so it's not a stretch of the imagination that they will try to monetize the next Elder Scrolls game.

On 10/26/2019 at 4:37 PM, killamch89 said:

Fallout 4 and Skyrim are slightly above average games without the mods and yes, we've seen them do things like this in the past with dlc horse armor for Oblivion so it's not a stretch of the imagination that they will try to monetize the next Elder Scrolls game.

No, they are not above average, (well Fallout 4 I dont know maybe it is average) But Skyrim in console is very fucking good, mods make it way better I dont disagree on that, but the game on its own its a 10/10. Oh the horse with Obvlibion xD I forgot about that, well that actually didnt ruined the game and its a mistake they didnt replicateĀ on Skyrim, probably they are going to add a bunch of DLCs, but as far as microtransactions I dont think so

On 10/31/2019 at 9:19 AM, kingpotato said:

No, they are not above average, (well Fallout 4 I dont know maybe it is average) But Skyrim in console is very fucking good, mods make it way better I dont disagree on that, but the game on its own its a 10/10. Oh the horse with Obvlibion xD I forgot about that, well that actually didnt ruined the game and its a mistake they didnt replicateĀ on Skyrim, probably they are going to add a bunch of DLCs, but as far as microtransactions I dont think so

The creation club is just the first step and I suspect they have something far more sinister up their sleeves for the next Elder Scrolls and Fallout games (that is if they haven't already killed Fallout's reputation...)

On 11/3/2019 at 5:51 PM, killamch89 said:

The creation club is just the first step and I suspect they have something far more sinister up their sleeves for the next Elder Scrolls and Fallout games (that is if they haven't already killed Fallout's reputation...)

yet its just mods, they are not necessary for the experience of the game. I have never used mods in my life and I'm a Skyrim hardcore fan.