Register Now
Jayson

Finances of Pro-Gamers

On 8/16/2018 at 10:34 PM, Keranov said:

I think it depends on the game. For Counter Strike: Global Offensive the average income of a player is around $3000 and $20000 per month.

And more.

Virtus pro's CEO said like 3 years ago that CSGO players were earning $20.000/month. That's 3 years ago.

I'm pretty sure that Astralis' players income are more than that nowadays.

On 10/30/2018 at 7:48 AM, Demon_skeith said:

Honestly this seems like a risky business, if you aren't perfect then there is no way you can make a living doing this.

It all depends on the sponsors to be honest, more than getting good scores.

Jumping into pro gaming is definitely very risky unless you are very confident that you will be able to live up to the big leagues and their game play if I am honest. In terms of pay I would say that varies from game to game as to how much you would earn being a pro gamer and even in esports. I know in some cases some people can earn anything from around $3000 but that may not always be the case with all games or even a game you may be a pro in yourself. 

Many professional gamers have the opportunity to earn a significant income, ranging from a few thousand dollars to several hundred thousand dollars or even more in a year. However, it depends on a number of factors. This includes the experience and popularity of the pro gamer. 

I'm not sure about the average income for pro-gamers since it varies widely and can be influenced by factors such as skill level, popularity, team affiliation, sponsorship deals, and tournament winnings. Which is why it is difficult to give an exact figure due to the diversity within the industry. The low end of the income spectrum for pro-gamers can range from little to no income, especially for those who are starting out or haven't achieved significant success. On the high end, top-tier pro-gamers can earn millions of dollars annually through a combination of salaries, prize money, streaming revenue, and endorsements.

Similarly, determining what pro-gamers should be paid is subjective and can be influenced by several factors, including market demand, revenue generated by the industry, individual player skills, and contributions to the team or organization. The payment structure can vary, but common methods include salaries, performance-based bonuses, prize money, streaming revenue, and endorsement deals. Ultimately, the ideal payment for pro-gamers should aim to fairly compensate them for their skills, time, and contributions to the industry while considering the sustainability and growth of the esports ecosystem.