Register Now
SpaceExplorer

Space games

6 hours ago, SpaceExplorer said:

As you might figure out from my username, I love space games. So I was wondering did you guys play any space games? Which ones did you enjoy the most?

Funny. There was another thread about usernames, and I was going to @ you and ask you about yours, and then I found your new thread here. That answers that =D

I grew up with the Wing Commander games. I thought those were great! What are your favorite space games, past and present?

13 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Galaga. It's the best space game ever made. I played Star Fox on SNES quite a bit when I was a kid, but I don't know if that one really counts, since there's only a couple space zones, whereas most are on planets.

Galaga is the arcade classic. Never played it on an arcade, sadly. I only played on an emulator which would crash after you get to about 50 000 points. 

13 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

Funny. There was another thread about usernames, and I was going to @ you and ask you about yours, and then I found your new thread here. That answers that =D

I grew up with the Wing Commander games. I thought those were great! What are your favorite space games, past and present?

Heh, yeah. I like a lot of different games, but there's just something in space games that makes me like them more than others. 🙂

Wing Commander games are great indeed! I loved Freelancer, one of my favorite games. Currently, I'm playing Starpoint Gemini Warlords and taking a bit of a break from Elite Dangerous. I'm thinking of getting into No Man's Sky and VR when the VR update comes. I've been following the development of that game ever since it came out.

12 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Best ones I've played :
-Star Wars battlefront 2 (ps2)
-Metroid prime (GC)
-Halo

Battlefront 2 from 2005 was pretty good. It's a bit confusing that they named the game the same in 2017.

EVE Online is the best space game of all time! In my opinion, much better than Elite Danngerous. the game is probably over 10 years old, still has support, is developed and in my opinion EVE has the most intelligent community. EVE Online is a champion in its field. I love everything, tactics, community, EVE isk and plex.
recommend

On 4/5/2019 at 1:03 PM, Regov said:

EVE Online is the best space game of all time! In my opinion, much better than Elite Danngerous. the game is probably over 10 years old, still has support, is developed and in my opinion EVE has the most intelligent community. EVE Online is a champion in its field. I love everything, tactics, community, EVE isk and plex.
recommend

I agree! EVE Online is really good and if you're looking for an MMO, I'd definitely recommend EVE. I play it from time to time. Haven't played in a while, though.

No man's sky is the favorite game. If you are looking for the space race or the space survival or the hyper casual games. Then there seems to be a lot of those games which can be pretty interesting games to watch out. 

7 hours ago, SpaceExplorer said:

I agree! EVE Online is really good and if you're looking for an MMO, I'd definitely recommend EVE. I play it from time to time. Haven't played in a while, though.

I googled EVE online and one thing I notice on the comments about the game is that cosmetics and other things seem to be very expensive, like a 70 dollar monocle.
Is this true ?

On 4/4/2019 at 12:59 PM, SpaceExplorer said:

As you might figure out from my username, I love space games. So I was wondering did you guys play any space games? Which ones did you enjoy the most?

Have you played FTL: Faster Than Light? That game is legit one of my fave games of all time and it's a phenomenal space sim game.

@SpaceExplorer    I forgot about Freelancer! Good call. I also have been following along with No Man’s Sky since development, but still haven’t had a chance to play it. It sounds like my ideal game, hypothetically—I mean, exploring space is pretty much all I wanted to do growing up. I had this delusion I’d grow up and join the Federation, lol. The turn of the century was coming up, and surely that meant the Future, right?

Real life is such a letdown.

Can you tell me more about EVE? I’ve always been curious about it. How much actual player interaction is there?

@DylanC I’ve heard of FTL, but don’t know much about it. Have you written a review?

11 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

@SpaceExplorer    I forgot about Freelancer! Good call. I also have been following along with No Man’s Sky since development, but still haven’t had a chance to play it. It sounds like my ideal game, hypothetically—I mean, exploring space is pretty much all I wanted to do growing up. I had this delusion I’d grow up and join the Federation, lol. The turn of the century was coming up, and surely that meant the Future, right?

Real life is such a letdown.

Can you tell me more about EVE? I’ve always been curious about it. How much actual player interaction is there?

@DylanC I’ve heard of FTL, but don’t know much about it. Have you written a review?

I’ve not written a in-depth review, I did write about FTL here as it was one of my 7 favourite games of all time: https://wegotthiscovered.com/gaming/wgtc-staff-list-7favegames/2/ 

My thoughts on FTL: [ Have you ever wanted to be Jean-Luc Picard? Okay, fine, who’s your favorite Star Trek Captain? Well, FTL: Faster Than Light is the closest yet to ever fulfilling that power fantasy you’ve always secretly had. It’s a superbly-crafted space rogue-lite that is brutally difficult and astutely designed. The writing is excellent too; you legitimately feel like you are a part of a huge conflict, with slaver ships, boarding crews, asteroids and solar flares patiently waiting to wreak havoc upon your fragile Federation spaceship and your amiable crew. If you have an iPad lying around, then you should totally check this out — it’s a perfect fit for touchscreen controls. Set phasers to “fun!” ]