Register Now
SpaceExplorer

Space games

On 4/27/2019 at 12:26 PM, TheSteelyardDweller said:

does starcraft count as a space game?

After some of the other games I've seen mentioned ITT (Halo, Mass Effect, etc.) I don't see why not. 😁

With that said, I do enjoy StarCraft II. I also put a lot of hours into Stellaris lately. If I had a better computer for it, I'd be happy to include EVE Online or Elite: Dangerous in my list of space games I play. I used to play Star Trek Online, and may go back to that when I have a computer that can run it again, but as a space sim MMO, I find it lacking compared to either EVE or Elite: Dangerous. Perhaps being a full-on space sim was never really the point of that one.

Edited by Executor Akamia

I recently checked out the kerbal space program game on youtube. Not played myself. I kind of found that game pretty interesting based on the youtube gameplay. Check out the below video to learn more. 

3 hours ago, skyfire said:

I recently checked out the kerbal space program game on youtube. Not played myself. I kind of found that game pretty interesting based on the youtube gameplay. Check out the below video to learn more. 

It does seem like a very interesting game indeed and I have also watched a few videos myself on Youtube. My takeaway is that you can build any aircraft you like provided that you have a way of making it completely functional.

I think it was meant for the simulation game category. Not sure if there was real life use for the game or not. But it does seem powerful with the simulation which can be pretty much good for the playing some of the time. 

On 4/29/2019 at 9:13 AM, Executor Akamia said:

After some of the other games I've seen mentioned ITT (Halo, Mass Effect, etc.) I don't see why not. 😁

With that said, I do enjoy StarCraft II. I also put a lot of hours into Stellaris lately. If I had a better computer for it, I'd be happy to include EVE Online or Elite: Dangerous in my list of space games I play. I used to play Star Trek Online, and may go back to that when I have a computer that can run it again, but as a space sim MMO, I find it lacking compared to either EVE or Elite: Dangerous. Perhaps being a full-on space sim was never really the point of that one.

i've never heard anything all that positive about Star Trek Online sadly

I love Starcraft. the game, the universe, the characters, all of it.

I think the only space related game I've played was Space Invaders. I LOVE the game a lot. It's simple and fun. I like the arcade feel it gives me even when I played it on a normal gaming console as opposed to an arcade game. But the best way to play Space Invaders is on an arcade machine, hands down. If you haven't played it yet, I highly recommend playing it. Just don't expect a lot of detail as far as the galaxy goes. It's VERY simple.

13 hours ago, Jerlene said:

I think the only space related game I've played was Space Invaders. I LOVE the game a lot. It's simple and fun. I like the arcade feel it gives me even when I played it on a normal gaming console as opposed to an arcade game. But the best way to play Space Invaders is on an arcade machine, hands down. If you haven't played it yet, I highly recommend playing it. Just don't expect a lot of detail as far as the galaxy goes. It's VERY simple.

Ah, Space Invaders... Takes me back. 🙂 It's one of those games that I hold very close to my heart. 

1 hour ago, skyfire said:

Anyone played Stellaris? I know it's not the most popular one out there but it's one game I liked. You can check the gameplay below. 

I've only mentioned it myself about 50 other times. 😂 Currently have over 300 hours on it, and I'm not planning on stopping any time soon.

I really enjoyed playing it as a variety of different types of empires. Everything from pacifists to outright genocidals. But while I enjoy the single player well enough, the multiplayer is where I really have the most fun. The AI is too predictable, and the simulated politics of the game matter a bit more when it's actual humans who know what they're doing that you're dealing with rather than bots that can't even keep rebellions from occurring within their borders reliably. lol