Register Now
Jayson

Competitive Racing Games

If I wanted to get into challenges, I would want to do racing or sports.  Anyway, who is into racing competitively and with which games?  Also, if you don't race competitively, what would be your choice of a game?  Well, for myself, I think professional Mario Kart would be fun.

Racing games are quite tough to be competitive. I would think that things like crashing into other players "by accident" would be quite prevalent so it would quite hard to judge whether people are trying to cheat or not etc. But it would be quite cool especially if people had to use proper driving wheels and pedals rather than just a mouse or controller. Would love to play Forza competitively.

My favourite racing game is GTA 5 (Online Jobs). Only recently have I started to play the races in Grand Theft Auto 5, they're absolutely flawless for me, amazing landscape, map editor, and a great selection of vehicles that you can customize and choose. It's a very competitive and rewarding part of the video game.

On 12/10/2018 at 9:05 AM, xXInfectedXx said:

My favourite racing game is GTA 5 (Online Jobs). Only recently have I started to play the races in Grand Theft Auto 5, they're absolutely flawless for me, amazing landscape, map editor, and a great selection of vehicles that you can customize and choose. It's a very competitive and rewarding part of the video game.

I agree. Playing GTA V races with friends is a very entertaining experience and the Rockstar editor takes the racing experience to the next level. I have done a bit of competitive racing back in the day with Gran Tourismo and Mario Kart 64. Of course, they were some pretty amateurish tournaments but I had a blast. I can't say competitive racing is my thing though. 

On 1/10/2019 at 2:40 AM, UleTheVee said:

I guess nobody knows what Gran Turismo Sport is.

I'm heavily disappointed lol.

I do. I'm an original Gran Tourismo player but the series has been lacking innovation since the third Gran Tourismo game in the early 2000s.

On 1/15/2019 at 3:06 AM, UleTheVee said:

First off, It's Gran TURISMO.

Secondly, it's a competitive racing game that's been backed up by official leagues.

Thirdly, Gran Turismo Sport is better :V

Gran Turismo Sport looks great on the PS4 pro - I'll give it that but I am practically watching the early Gran Turismo games with a bit of refinement.

On 1/18/2019 at 9:20 PM, killamch89 said:

Gran Turismo Sport looks great on the PS4 pro - I'll give it that but I am practically watching the early Gran Turismo games with a bit of refinement.

That's because they've been top notch since the beginning lol