Register Now
Alexander.

8K Screen Resolution

Just out of curiosity, what are your thoughts about 8K televisions that are being sold on the market?

How would you compare 4k to 8k screen resolution? Enhanced, the same or worse picture?

Do you think it's worth the price that it's being advertised for? Why or why not? 

I see one TV being sold by Samsung for £9,999 doing some research. A little overpriced, don't you think? 

Edited by xXInfectedXx

On 4/6/2019 at 2:46 AM, kingpotato said:

Are we really able to perceive 8K or anything beyond that? 
4k looks nice but for me the difference between 4k and 1080p are minimal. I would much rather have a big 65 or 75 1080p TV than a 4k.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. We as humans must be restricted on how well we can see our surroundings. Surely, right? 

8K at this time is completely unnecessary and would be a waste of money because 4k technology still hasn't caught on in many other industries such as the film industry. What they should be trying to do is make 4K the baseline standard and then we move to 8K technology. Not create technology that hardly anyone can use or afford.

On 4/13/2019 at 2:10 AM, killamch89 said:

8K at this time is completely unnecessary and would be a waste of money because 4k technology still hasn't caught on in many other industries such as the film industry. What they should be trying to do is make 4K the baseline standard and then we move to 8K technology. Not create technology that hardly anyone can use or afford.

I completely agree with what you said there. Spot on.

A idea that may explain what you said -  Do you think big corporations are in the process of making 8K tech the standard baseline and letting 4K resolution be a part of the past? If not, why do you think companies are doing this? 

Edited by xXInfectedXx

I personally think that 4K and 8K are pretty much rich kids lifestyle. I personally can't afford to have my own 4k and 8K display as of now. I may have it when the prices goes down. But as of now I don't see that happening. 

I saw an 8k tv the other day on Walmart , apart from being a big ass TV it looked exactly the same as a smaller 4k tv right next to it,  both where playing the same music video. 8K just seems pointless, they should focus on improving the TV hardware instead of the resolution like a slimmer or with more features instead of the resolution beyond 4k

If you're not a hawk, you're not going to be able to pick up the (if any) difference between 4k and 8k TV's. Human eyesight isn't powerful enough to tell the difference. Companies are just selling what they're calling "8k television" because there are people both dumb enough, and gullible enough to believe that they need/want it because it's "so much better than what they currently have". We as a species are incapable of seeing the difference. Granted some people have better eyesight than others, but that's irrelevant here. If I take my glasses off, anything over 2½ feet away from me is so blurry, I can't identify it. Others can read a bumper sticker on the goal post at the opposite end of a football field. But human eyesight flat out can not take in a difference when it's beyond its capabilities. You can't haul the space shuttle with a minivan.

On 4/11/2020 at 7:29 AM, skyfire said:

Considering we are going to be in strong recession next year. I dont' see myself getting hands on this screen. 

What are your thoughts on 8K though? Do you feel that the prices will drop soon baring in mind this tech has been out for some time already? Human Eye-Sight must have a capacity that we cannot exceed, no matter how advance our technology is. 

Edited by Alexander.

4K or 8K - anything past 4K just looks the same as 4K to me. That being said, the Ks will keep multiplying over the years as technology evolves so eventually 4K will look old, but for now I am happy with 4K.

8k is ahead of its time. Eventually it will be awesome just like 4k was but for now we need to adopt 4k everywhere before 8k becomes a thing and I don't see that happening for quite a while cause mainstream TV has to upgrade their cameras and they aren't going to do that until the price for 4k cameras comes down.

True, but if you’re a major network like NBC, then it’s small potatoes. Local stations it’s different. But the big multinational companies can buy them 100 times over. And don’t even start in movie companies like Warner Brothers. They can buy them just to see how high they can drop it from before it breaks.

On 4/6/2019 at 8:46 AM, kingpotato said:

Are we really able to perceive 8K or anything beyond that? 
4k looks nice but for me the difference between 4k and 1080p are minimal. I would much rather have a big 65 or 75 1080p TV than a 4k.

I agree with this. I don't really tell the difference between tv graphics unless its a major difference. I am happy with my hdtv and it's only a 43 inch.