Register Now
Sign in to follow this  
Jayson

How do you like to play Mario Kart?

Some like the wheel and others the controller - or maybe some like both!  Anyway, I could never get used to the wheel, but i love the controller.  

OK, I don't really like the wheel on any video game, but I remember playing with one on the big arcade ones.  You know, where the game is as big as a refrigerator!

Edited by Jayson

I like the wheel for arcade games.  In that case, I cannot understand why I didn't like it for the Wii.  OK, who has tried it on those huge arcade things?

Controller. The wheel just feels strange since it's not attached to anything. Kinda just feels like you're holding something detached from your car.

My brother has the wheel so I've tried both but I don't like extra crap like that unless I'm playing Duck Hunt on the old school console.

That being said, I rather play just using the regular controllers only. It's bad enough I'm driving I don't want to have to make my brain get familiar with a new type of controller. Also, a regular controller is just easier to control...

For me it's pretty weird actually. I prefer playing with only one joycon, but I need the wheel for the additional size. But I don't use motion controls, I'm just using the regular controls.

I remember trying the wheel on Mario Kart a few times, safe to say I looked like a rookie when playing if I was using the wheel. A lot of people seem to think using the wheel gives you more accuracy and makes it easier for you to be able to play the game but I found I was the complete opposite. I find playing with the controllers on the Nintendo console I am playing on helps me out a lot more, I definitely hit the sides and fall off the map a whole lot less when I am using the main controls and not a wheel. I guess it depends on how you grew up playing as to which you prefer. 

Wheels are the best 😄

Especially if you're playing with friends. They take space though and it pains me how bulky they look on my shelf. The game itself is amazing for spending time, although I'm a huge noob. I can't even beat the bots!

Both, however I have a preference. I could never get used to the controller so I love the wheel. All importantly, if your playing against or with your friends online it gives you more accuracy and a higher chance of winning.

Edited by xXInfectedXx

9 hours ago, JoyFreak said:

Controller. Much easy to use and navigate! Boy I remember when I used to leave school early just to play this 😄

The good old days! Yeah, I used to skip school to go play Mario Go-Kart with my friends as well.