Register Now
Alexander.

Age restrictions

13 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

Sounds like me growing up. Did my homework on the weekdays so I'd have my weekends free.

That too but I was also mentioning chores as well - I loved my GTA marathons back in the days so I made sure to take care of everything before I started.

I am sure some games in near future would be reading through the steam verification and gong to restrict the type of games downloaded through the account. And if the accounts of social media are attached they may even restrict such users. 

I've played 18+ games like Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto from a young age and I like to think that it hasn't impacted me at all. It really depends on your upbringing because for most people, playing an adult game won't be an issue. 

All the time. My parents didn't care if I played M rated games, or watched R rated movies. Thinking back though, I was a complete ass as a kid and watching and playing that content probably didn't help me. But I've learned from that and am thankfully not that douchey kid I once was. 

But these days, I cringe when my nieces or nephews see some of the R rated/M rated programming out there. I try not to show my nephew any offensive content, but I feel he's somewhat mature for his age and at least can handle games like COD and Fortnite. I don't much like when he plays stuff  like GTA though. 

On 4/5/2019 at 12:29 PM, Alexander. said:

Thinking back to your child hood, did your parents ever buy 15/16/18/21 age restricted computer games for you to play? Why or why not? Do you agree with their decision? 

Share your experiences below and what you personally think about the above. 

It was only my brother who didn't live at home with us that got the opportunity to play games the way he wanted because as for me that stayed at home with my parents, it was mission impossible. 

age ratings aren't a thing in my country (i still don't know why) which is sort of a good thing as GTA and other games were part of my childhood and i don't remember learning anything bad from those games either!!